The Beatles - Get back Documentary

Cos it looks too modern
So because of that your promoting a theory that the biggest band of all time are about to be deep faked(either with or without their consent) before what will surely be a worlwide audience of millions.
It would be the deepest fake of all deep fakes, but if your happy to go around spouting this, then you crack on.

So because of that your promoting a theory that the biggest band of all time are about to be deep faked(either with or without their consent) before what will surely be a worlwide audience of millions.
It would be the deepest fake of all deep fakes, but if your happy to go around spouting this, then you crack on.
Do you know what a deep fake is?

Do you know what a deep fake is?
As loathe as i am to grace that with an answer, Yes. And i've seen the Tom Cruise/Obama stuff. Its very good, but to give it an old adage, You can see the Join. Everytime.
Its purely designed to fool people who are watching media on their phones and tablets. Creating a ten hour epic that will be viewed primarily on Massive HD TV's would stick out like a sore thumb.
I really think you have been swayed by how much the original footage has been preserved and cleaned up where neccessary, into thinking it can't be real.
Or your on a massive wind up

As loathe as i am to grace that with an answer, Yes. And i've seen the Tom Cruise/Obama stuff. Its very good, but to give it an old adage, You can see the Join. Everytime.
Its purely designed to fool people who are watching media on their phones and tablets. Creating a ten hour epic that will be viewed primarily on Massive HD TV's would stick out like a sore thumb.
I really think you have been swayed by how much the original footage has been preserved and cleaned up where neccessary, into thinking it can't be real.
Or your on a massive wind up
They did it for lennon in that Ed sheeran film btw put his head on Robert Carlyle. Done it before and can do it again if moneys involved

Paul looks like the driving force behind them from that trailer. I always assumed that john was the one holding court. Way before my time like so not really clued up about the beatles.

I imagine he was the driving force when they were playing his songs and John would be the driving force when they were playing his. In other matters Paul had a lot to d with direction, musical strategy, themes etc - in later years. John was the major songwriter in the early years. The credit ‘Lennon McCartney’ didn’t always convey the full picture. And it’s pretty easy to identify the chief writer of the song in later years. For a kick off, they’re the one singing lead 😀

I'm 20 minutes into episode one. First impression - looks like the whole thing has been run through an early version of Photoshop. There's no grain; everything has been image-smoothed to oblivion.

As for the content: really depends if you've always dreamed of being a fly on the wall while the Beatles were composing and bantering or not. I'm okay with it so far, but there's eight hours to go.

Just incredible, rivetting TV. The dynamics are really interesting but the songs that Paul drips in are amazing. The best TV for many a long year

45 minutes in. I'm enjoying it, but don't think it's for everyone.

This morning I finished reading Solid State by Kenneth Womack, about the making of Abbey Road. This series is being billed as a doc about the end of The Beatles, but they went on to make another album much better than Get Back/Let It Be. The actual end seems, mainly, to have been due to taking on an American manager who negotiated a contract for them with Capitol. Paul didn't want to sign, John left in a huff.

45 minutes in. I'm enjoying it, but don't think it's for everyone.

This morning I finished reading Solid State by Kenneth Womack, about the making of Abbey Road. This series is being billed as a doc about the end of The Beatles, but they went on to make another album much better than Get Back/Let It Be. The actual end seems, mainly, to have been due to taking on an American manager who negotiated a contract for them with Capitol. Paul didn't want to sign, John left in a huff.
If George Martin had produced Let it be it would have been as good as Abby Road. It certainly had as many good songs, if not more.

Probably. And his hat game was legendary.

Oddly, a massive hat features in all the recent Trumpian iconography, but mostly he was photographed or painted hatless. It was his beard game that did the business.
If George Martin had produced Let it be it would have been as good as Abby Road. It certainly had as many good songs, if not more.

Odd to see George Martin in on the sessions at the beginning of the episode. Glyn Johns then went on to do a decent job of producing Let It Be, but Lennon subsequently handed the tapes over to Phil Spector...

The medley on Abbey Road is a masterpiece, with a bunch of strong songs preceding it. For me it's in a different league.

Last edited:

Back