Ten German Bombers

Status
Not open for further replies.
More English hypocrisy. We have the right to remind Germany forever and ever what a bunch of twats they were...but when anyone reproaches us for our dubious history it's....waaaahhhh....I'm not to blame for my country's past.
I'm not to blame for my country's past, why would anyone think this?

Edit* let's not go down that road on Pure Football.

Last edited:

Neither are those Germans in that stadium responsible for their country's past. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in the song.
It's a good job it's only the FA and English take it seriously then mate.

The Germans aren't bothered by a shit song.

Overall I thought the England fans were very good, loud and pretty constant.

It's a good job it's only the FA and English take it seriously then mate.

The Germans aren't bothered by a shit song.

Overall I thought the England fans were very good, loud and pretty constant.
At least we can agree. It's a shit song sung by shitty twats.

I'm pleased that Germans aren't bothered by our showing ourselves up.

Fuck you !!!! I think these "little englanders" have been tolerant for too long !! enjoy brexit you prick !

:lol: You honestly cannot see the irony, can you?

Goading opposition fans is all part of football, it's a song, nobody is getting hurt, why the need for punishment? You think it's childish, you've said so, that should be the end of it.

Of course goading is part of football, but surely you can see that singing about a war is beyond the pale? It's the same as fans singing about Munich, or Hillsborough, or similar for me.

More English hypocrisy. We have the right to remind Germany forever and ever what a bunch of twats they were...but when anyone reproaches us for our dubious history it's....waaaahhhh....I'm not to blame for my country's past.

Are they saying Germans are twats or just that they lost the war?

Fuck you !!!! I think these "little englanders" have been tolerant for too long !! enjoy brexit you prick !

If it wasnt for the foreigners we'd all be littler Germaners.

:lol: You honestly cannot see the irony, can you?

Of course goading is part of football, but surely you can see that singing about a war is beyond the pale? It's the same as fans singing about Munich, or Hillsborough, or similar for me.
Munich and Hillsborough were disasters and certainly nothing to celebrate, defeating the Germans in the Second World War and liberating the world was a triumph.
10 German bombers etc. may be seen by some to be crass, embarrassing, or pathetic, but it's essentially goading the Germans about how they attempted to invade us and impose a murderous tyranny over us, but we repelled and overcame them.

Munich and Hillsborough were disasters and certainly nothing to celebrate, defeating the Germans in the Second World War and liberating the world was a triumph.
10 German bombers etc. may be seen by some to be crass, embarrassing, or pathetic, but it's essentially goading the Germans about how they attempted to invade us and impose a murderous tyranny over us, but we repelled and overcame them.

Plus I don't see it as particularly goading the Germans. As mentioned, the vast majority of Germans are strongly anti-nazi, they won't be offended by us singing about the Nazis losing the war. Fact is it's a song that is sung at every England away game, it's not like it's only sung against Germany

Most of the Germans being goaded will be happy with the result of the war though as they arent Nazis. That will probably be lost on many mind.

If songs about the war are going to be sang then it should give a nod to the Allies and America, as without them we'd have most likely been fucked.

Last edited:

Many of the men responsible for the Blitzkrieg in the crowd, were there? :lol:

10 German Bombers isn't some patriotic declaration, you big dafty, it's simply a song sung to incite/offend/upset German people. That's it's provenance, and it's intent. It's not a clever, multi-layered piece of wit, or commentary, it's a Dapper Laughs joke; Designed solely to shock and offend.

Most of the Germans being goaded will be happy with the result of the war though as they arent Nazis. That will probably be lost on many mind.

If songs about the war are going to be sang then it should give a nod to the Allies and America, as without them we'd have most likely been fucked.

But at an England game we're obviously only going to sing about England's efforts in the war, bit pointless if we start singing about everyone else as well. I mean, aye, it'd give proper context and be more accurate but f***ing "most of the time" is also more accurate and we've been ripping the piss out of that attempt for months! Rangers fans sing "RAF from Britain", northern Ireland fans sing "RAF from Ulster", we sing about the English RAF members

10 German Bombers isn't some patriotic declaration, you big dafty, it's simply a song sung to incite/offend/upset German people. That's it's provenance, and it's intent. It's not a clever, multi-layered piece of wit, or commentary, it's a Dapper Laughs joke; Designed solely to shock and offend.

It's not to shock or offend, and its sang at every away game even when there's fuck all chance of any Germans hearing it. It's just a daft song that the England fans (or a certain section of them) like to sing regardless of opponent

But at an England game we're obviously only going to sing about England's efforts in the war, bit pointless if we start singing about everyone else as well. I mean, aye, it'd give proper context and be more accurate but f***ing "most of the time" is also more accurate and we've been ripping the piss out of that attempt for months! Rangers fans sing "RAF from Britain", northern Ireland fans sing "RAF from Ulster", we sing about the English RAF members

It's not to shock or offend, and its sang at every away game even when there's fuck all chance of any Germans hearing it. It's just a daft song that the England fans (or a certain section of them) like to sing regardless of opponent

Most of the time :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It absolutely was created to shock or offend. It might now be sung by unthinking England fans at a variety of opponents, but objectively, the lyrics are definitely meant to shock or offend Germans.

It absolutely was created to shock or offend. It might now be sung by unthinking England fans at a variety of opponents, but objectively, the lyrics are definitely meant to shock or offend Germans.
And lots of English reading this thread!

Yet the Germans aren't shocked or offended.

Why would they be upset or offended, if like you said those in the crowd don't see themselves responsible?

Anyone who is offended about the mocking of defeated Nazi Germany is probably a Nazi ;)

I see that the England football fans are getting a bit of stick again by the press saying .....that it's seventy years ago and that's not what the veterans would have wanted.

What a load of bullshit. It was good against evil and the press are ok to bring four page commemorative inserts out about various commemorative services here, there and everywhere still making money out of the wars. The veterans would love it especially the ones that got killed not knowing the outcome of WW2

Ten Germans Bombers is sang mostly in jest but in my opinion that jest can go on for a thousand years.

We'll not be able to mention the wars at all next.

What is it f***ing coming to?
It's embarrassing, crass & pathetic. apart from that.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back