Ten German Bombers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that the England football fans are getting a bit of stick again by the press saying .....that it's seventy years ago and that's not what the veterans would have wanted.

What a load of bullshit. It was good against evil and the press are ok to bring four page commemorative inserts out about various commemorative services here, there and everywhere still making money out of the wars. The veterans would love it especially the ones that got killed not knowing the outcome of WW2

Ten Germans Bombers is sang mostly in jest but in my opinion that jest can go on for a thousand years.

We'll not be able to mention the wars at all next.

What is it f***ing coming to?

I see that the England football fans are getting a bit of stick again by the press saying .....that it's seventy years ago and that's not what the veterans would have wanted.

What a load of bullshit. It was good against evil and the press are ok to bring four page commemorative inserts out about various commemorative services here, there and everywhere still making money out of the wars. The veterans would love it especially the ones that got killed not knowing the outcome of WW2

Ten Germans Bombers is sang mostly in jest but in my opinion that jest can go on for a thousand years.

We'll not be able to mention the wars at all next.

What is it f***ing coming to?

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it

I personally find it cringe worthy.

I'm (very much so) all for remembering the sacrifices made by those during the war, however time moves on.

Germany has moved on, it is a fantastic country with friendly people, who in both a professional and personal way have been good guys when it comes to my dealings with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally find it cringe worthy.

I'm (very much so) all for remembering the sacrifices made by those during the war, however time moves on.

Germany has moved on, it is a fantastic country with friendly people, who in both a professional and personal way have been good guys when it comes to my dealings with them.

I see no harm in the song personally,it's a daft song sung by hammered English tourists at the football. I would be surprised if the Germans don't have a similar ditty about us.
However I agree Germany is now a fine country full of decent people and is probably now one of our closest allies,

I see no harm in the song personally,it's a daft song sung by hammered English tourists at the football. I would be surprised if the Germans don't have a similar ditty about us.
However I agree Germany is now a fine country full of decent people and is probably now one of our closest allies,

To be honest, most Germans don't care. I think it is the Netherlands that they relish playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back