Team out on the drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years our festive season results have been shite due to the players being hungover on match day. I’m very disappointed that the current regime has allowed this. I thought we had finally moved on for the better but evidently not.
Not sure if your taking the piss or not. They are Young lads unwinding after a very difficult season. We are well over a week away from the game and as long as they are not getting mortal, a few drinks as a team bonding exercise will be good for them.

The fact that they aren't finely tuned may well be because of the fact they won't cut alcohol out.

I would put money on that Liverpool and Spurs haven't included a piss up as part of their preparation for the CL final.
I reckon a few spurs and Liverpool players will off had a drink end of season

Not sure if your taking the piss or not. They are Young lads unwinding after a very difficult season. We are well over a week away from the game and as long as they are not getting mortal, a few drinks as a team bonding exercise will be good for them.

i agree. look what happened after the team went on the piss after the charlton play off game last time.
they're entitled to a few beers imo as long as it's not impacting their on field job.

Good. Humans are allowed to enjoy their f***ing lives. If it was next Saturday by all means be outraged, but a week before the math and after the manager has already said they had a couple of days off, stop twisting.
Christ on a bike, they have to do tests anarl!?

The thing is mate; have you ever considered how good that team could have been had they been more professional? A few months after Euro 96’, Wenger changed the English game forever and players started to realise that they couldn’t get shitfaced anymore.
Very valid point and we'll presented mate, but possibly would have totally disseminiated the bond that those lads had together. We will never know;)

Might have a look down. Are they still out?

Me and Catts booting wing mirrors off mags cars :cool:

I’ll be the bad guy here, but the players should have perhaps waited till after the final. Most professional athletes now avoid alcohol - especially if they have a major event on the horizon.

That said, one or two drinks won’t hurt too much.

The City players had a drink last weekend ffs.

Lampard had his players down the pub. Stop being a bore.

Last edited:
The man city players were drinking after the premier league season ended, I guess that's ok though? And they had less time to prepare

Op reports team having a drink in Newcastle, not sure if he has any issues with it at all, then the cyber bullies pile in one after the other like sheep making an assumption that the OP was being critical. Actually, I have a problem with it - why go into Newcastle of all places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back