Team out on the drink?

After years and years of horrendous attitudes we seem to have a good group with real team spirit - we do lack ability in certain areas but they are a good group. We may also dislike Ross's negativity or conservative style but Wednesday showed that the team respect him as they carried out his instructions to the letter. The other things is some people are appalled that Honeyman is captain and yet when you have a good team spirit the captain will normally play a key role.

Hope they had a cracking neet out. They deserve it after Thursday.

After years and years of horrendous attitudes we seem to have a good group with real team spirit - we do lack ability in certain areas but they are a good group. We may also dislike Ross's negativity or conservative style but Wednesday showed that the team respect him as they carried out his instructions to the letter. The other things is some people are appalled that Honeyman is captain and yet when you have a good team spirit the captain will normally play a key role.

Thursday. ;)

Just looked on snapchat maps where Aveika is and there’s a video of some bird dancing infront of what seems to be a certain Aiden Mcgeady, I say good on the lads for having a piss up, they deserve it after Thursdays performance. (Was going to add the screenshot but it won’t let me) check my Twitter if you want to have a look @Jamie_Taylor99

I am probably in a minority, but I’d prefer the players not to go out so close to a final. I know people will argue that it’s team bonding, and they have the weekend off, but ulimately alcohol impacts the recovery process. Today should have been our advantage over Charlton, so it would be disappointing if the players had a canny drink last night.
Recovery process, 8 days to recover from a hangover, I'm sure they will be ok. The lads deserve a drink. I'm sure they will be in Monday morning raring to go and working hard. We have an honest bunch of players, who deserve a night out

As did most of the England team in Euro 96. Probably the best performance that I have seen in my life. Particularly the Scotland and Holland games. I seem to remember the press having a field day on their pre tournament trip to Hong Kong. Even a couple of days before the tournament, they were tearing Gazza apart for daring to eat. A Maccy Dees:evil:

The thing is mate; have you ever considered how good that team could have been had they been more professional? A few months after Euro 96’, Wenger changed the English game forever and players started to realise that they couldn’t get shitfaced anymore.

Ironically I was drunk when I wrote this.

Don't really know why did, perhaps as previous squads were always slated for going out.

But now seen the photo and it has mcgeady dunne honeyman catts Matthews and Donald love. Forgot Donald even existed :lol:

I don't think I have an imageshack account to upload on here anymore

Last edited:
Recovery process, 8 days to recover from a hangover, I'm sure they will be ok. The lads deserve a drink. I'm sure they will be in Monday morning raring to go and working hard. We have an honest bunch of players, who deserve a night out

The thing is mate; they can have as many nights out as they like after Sunday. In most other sports, having a canny drink (if they did) would be heavily frowned upon. For example: despite their unbelievable fitness, could you see the British cycling team going on the lash a week before a major event?

Mind, it has to be said, the lads could have just gone out for a meal and had a couple of drinks.

The thing is mate; they can have as many nights out as they like after Sunday. In most other sports, having a canny drink (if they did) would be heavily frowned upon. For example: despite their unbelievable fitness, could you see the British cycling team going on the lash a week before a major event?

Mind, it has to be said, the lads could have just gone out for a meal and had a couple of drinks.
What other sports other than cycling?? Not being funny but cycling isn't really a team sport, I know they work in teams but it's very much an individual pursuit. I don't thunk this will do any damage

Last edited:
Jack Ross said post match that they would have a couple of days off. Probably a good idea as they would have been wound up after Thursday night and been playing twice a week for the last month. Let the muscles relax and recover.

I wasn’t aware having a drink 9 days before their next game would be such a problem for our finely tuned athletes.

The fact that they aren't finely tuned may well be because of the fact they won't cut alcohol out.

I would put money on that Liverpool and Spurs haven't included a piss up as part of their preparation for the CL final.

The previous squads would go out fairly regularly on the piss like. So your saying they had a good team spirit then?

They got called a rotten core on here all the time.

Last edited:
Arseholes. I had a pint 2 weeks ago and still suffering from it now so how these clowns think it's alright to have one on their day off, 9 days before a final is beyond belief.

Back