Team out on the drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye Ian Botham rocked up pissed and spanked the Aussies all over 1981.

But today a slight breeze causes a players to be injured.

Someone who never saw Ian Botham play cricket could believe, sportsman not being at top fitness levels may a problem.
As did most of the England team in Euro 96. Probably the best performance that I have seen in my life. Particularly the Scotland and Holland games. I seem to remember the press having a field day on their pre tournament trip to Hong Kong. Even a couple of days before the tournament, they were tearing Gazza apart for daring to eat. A Maccy Dees:evil:

I’ll be the bad guy here, but the players should have perhaps waited till after the final. Most professional athletes now avoid alcohol - especially if they have a major event on the horizon.

That said, one or two drinks won’t hurt too much.

City players all got on it after they won the league. Will probably win the FA cup this afternoon

Crickets hardly a sport now nivver mind then man

Glad someone said it, a sport where ya stand around and run a few metres every so often to chase a ball or to run between some sticks after hitting one. Not quite the same in fitness required is it.

As did most of the England team in Euro 96. Probably the best performance that I have seen in my life. Particularly the Scotland and Holland games. I seem to remember the press having a field day on their pre tournament trip to Hong Kong. Even a couple of days before the tournament, they were tearing Gazza apart for daring to eat. A Maccy Dees:evil:

We were very average against Scotland. Missed pen and moment of brilliance seperated the two teams.

Holland aye, fantastic.

Power was walking around sunderland yesterday morning!
He's often in Costa near the new bridge...I've got a mate and all that..dint kna what he drinks mind but could have a canny guess

Odd thread.

Cattermole has also been seen shopping...
Leadbitter rumoured to have been watching tv...

Glad someone said it, a sport where ya stand around and run a few metres every so often to chase a ball or to run between some sticks after hitting one. Not quite the same in fitness required is it.

Batting in ridiculous heat for hours, aye, piece of piss that.

Odd thread.

Cattermole has also been seen shopping...
Leadbitter rumoured to have been watching tv...

Both drinking whilst doing it?

Tbf to the OP , he hasn’t offered a view on it, just saying they were there. He might think it’s great ? He might find it shocking.....whys everyone assuming the worst ?

Batting in ridiculous heat for hours, aye, piece of piss that.

Highlight the bit where I said it was? What I said is its not the same level of fitness as a professional footballer. Neither is piss easy but the types of sport they play in reality need different levels or types of fitness. You could be less fit as a cricketer as far as I can tell, not exactly a fan to be fair.

Same as I also think professional tennis players are right up there at the very top of the level of fitness and cv endurance required to do the constant short sharp bursts of speed they do on top of the upper body strength required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back