Team out on the drink?

Aye Ian Botham rocked up pissed and spanked the Aussies all over 1981.

But today a slight breeze causes a players to be injured.

Someone who never saw Ian Botham play cricket could believe, sportsman not being at top fitness levels may a problem.

I don’t think that’s a great example to be honest mate.

I’ve no issues at all with the lads going on the piss 9 days before a game. That’s plenty of time to recover.

However, any sportsman that gets lashed the night before a game is going to hinder their performance. The likes of Botham, Best, Gazza etc were geniuses and are the absolute exception here.

I don’t think that’s a great example to be honest mate.

I’ve no issues at all with the lads going on the piss 9 days before a game. That’s plenty of time to recover.

However, any sportsman that gets lashed the night before a game is going to hinder their performance. The likes of Botham, Best, Gazza etc were geniuses and are the absolute exception here.

Even 9 days before isn’t ideal though mate as it slows the recovery process down. A couple of drinks is fine though, and will have some minor benefits.

Normally completely agaisnt it during season. However , given how the team dug in and team spirit seemed high, it shouldn't hurt with the game being that far out. That said, hopefully last night is it and they are back to it after a day of rest today.

Normally completely agaisnt it during season. However , given how the team dug in and team spirit seemed high, it shouldn't hurt with the game being that far out. That said, hopefully last night is it and they are back to it after a day of rest today.

I am probably in a minority, but I’d prefer the players not to go out so close to a final. I know people will argue that it’s team bonding, and they have the weekend off, but ulimately alcohol impacts the recovery process. Today should have been our advantage over Charlton, so it would be disappointing if the players had a canny drink last night.

I am probably in a minority, but I’d prefer the players not to go out so close to a final. I know people will argue that it’s team bonding, and they have the weekend off, but ulimately alcohol impacts the recovery process. Today should have been our advantage over Charlton, so it would be disappointing if the players had a canny drink last night.

Nail on head.

I agree in some aspects. As I said, normally pure agaisnt it during season. Hopefully it wasn't too heavy of a night and it's back to it tomorrow after recovery today.

There’s a few of them in Roker cafe now having a full English to try and soak up last nights alcohol. Disgraceful a few even have hash browns and fizzy pop with it.

Nowadays they are hardly prolific drinkers like. I think they go out more for the adulation of the girls staring them.

Most of them nurse a bottle of alcopop for a couple of hours.
Bit research suggests it’s more of a restaurant anyway. Probably a horrendously overpriced one!

Good. Humans are allowed to enjoy their f***ing lives. If it was next Saturday by all means be outraged, but a week before the math and after the manager has already said they had a couple of days off, stop twisting.
There’s no way they’ll be there next Saturday, they’ll be off their faces at ‘This is Tomorrow’ bouncing arl ower watching Noel Gallagher.

Back