Teacher's end of year gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuine question. When and why did this start?

I left school in 95 and it was never heard of to do it then

Probably around the time the actual job turned to shit and a significant section of society lost respect for a highly skilled job that added more paperwork & bullshit targets to the job as well as having to deal with more pig ignorant arse hole parents and more challenging children who are cut from the same cloth as the said parents, with even less powers at their disposal. The more enlightened parents appreciate how difficult a job it can be & how much difference a good teacher going the extra mile has made to their kids.

I've already received cakes, malteasers, match makers and alcohol and it's only Tuesday. :D

Being honest though, the cards I've received mean more. Handwritten by the pupils to say thank you.

3 days to go...

I help out with teaching occasionally at secondary school and do Science Club at primary school. It means I get the fix of inspiring kids but without the stress, bullshit, Ofsted, the complete fuckwittery that is SATs and the politics. If I was a full-time teacher I wouldn't want or expect a gift. I think a thoughtfully written card is far more meaningful and appropriate. I did a bee talk with a glass-fronted observation hive for Year 1 kids last year. They made me a thank you card and I've treasured it.

Councils grade jobs for their workers. So if a binman is grade 5 (£19000) and a TA is grade 5 the TA won't get paid the full 19000. Only 45 weeks pay but spread out over 12 payments.
Figures above aren't exact.
That’s fair enough though?

Remember that lolllipop man who got reprimanded s for high giving the kids as they crossed the road? He used to get shitloads. Would drive past and he’d have about 20 bottle bags on the wall.

30k plus 13 weeks leave per year for the glorified babysitters, generally made up of thick twats who got a 3rd and didn't know what to do with their lives.

That's how you start it. ;)
Genuinely one of the worst things I have ever read. Worked in a range of jobs before teaching and never worked anywhere near the hours I do now, and that's just time spent at school never mind at home working.

A joke people want to moan about holidays when a lot of their fondest childhood memories will have come during this time. Funnily enough the holidays aren't there for the sole benefit of the teachers. So let's cut teacher holidays and keep children in the classrooms for longer.

Also I didn't get a 3rd and no of no other teacher who did.

That’s fair enough though?
Aye, just that some thick buggers think everybody in a school gets paid for all the holidays.

Genuinely one of the worst things I have ever read. Worked in a range of jobs before teaching and never worked anywhere near the hours I do now, and that's just time spent at school never mind at home working.

A joke people want to moan about holidays when a lot of their fondest childhood memories will have come during this time. Funnily enough the holidays aren't there for the sole benefit of the teachers. So let's cut teacher holidays and keep children in the classrooms for longer.

Also I didn't get a 3rd and no of no other teacher who did.
Ignore him, he's a WUM, not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Can imagine this ending up as point scoring between jealous parents "our Jack got his teacher a kit kat and a lovely card", "Eeee, well that's nowt! Our Trish got her teacher a card plus a round the world cruise! So ner!"

Can imagine this ending up as point scoring between jealous parents "our Jack got his teacher a kit kat and a lovely card", "Eeee, well that's nowt! Our Trish got her teacher a card plus a round the world cruise! So ner!"
Yes, parents can be really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back