Teacher's end of year gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

If someone wants to get a person who looks after their child for 6 hours a day and grafts their bits off for them a gift then so be it...yes I'm a teacher and the gifts aren't important but I get my kids teachers a little something just to thank them for their effort.

Same people moaning probably don't mind leaving a waiter a tip when they just do their job...

Bottle of wine to drown their sorrows, Job done.
Costs a tenner but teachers will enjoy guzzling it when they get rid of the kids for their summer holibobs

If someone wants to get a person who looks after their child for 6 hours a day and grafts their bits off for them a gift then so be it...yes I'm a teacher and the gifts aren't important but I get my kids teachers a little something just to thank them for their effort.

Same people moaning probably don't mind leaving a waiter a tip when they just do their job...
Shouldn’t you be marking right now?

Should’ve stuck in at school.

Half the parents in my daughters class have chipped in £20 each which means each of the six teachers will get a card, box of chocolates and £50 each in vouchers.

Then whatever the rest buy them.

Last edited:
As a teacher (albeit Secondary Maths and not Primary so less prevalent) I think the whole present giving idea is a farce. However a very simple 'thank you' card goes a long way.

I usually left them a stinking fart on the last day of term.
You print out one of your posts? Brutal

Genuine question. When and why did this start?

I left school in 95 and it was never heard of to do it then
I vaguely remember my mam giving me a giftwrapped bottle of wine on the last day of term in junior school but it wasn't done at comprehensive iirc

Last edited:
My 2 nieces are teachers at primary schools.
You should see the stuff they get given at the end of each year !

I thought the teachers end of term gifts were 6 weeks off for the summer?
Aye and 9 am to 3-30pm anarl. Even better these days if you have to close for a half day each week because of the budget the school has been set.
Dream of a job for all the time off like. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back