Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think they're separate. Iirc it's lindlay catering or some such that do all the kiosks. The coors thing is purely about who supplies the alcohol. So, if I'm right, we could still do something different with the catering when it's up for renewal (chances are we won't mind!)

Yeah, you could be right. I was under the impression it was either all together, or both due at the same time and I've just assumed it was together.

You have no idea the shite he was working with. Hands were tied to fuck, Charlie boy was a f***ing nuisance. He's not used to working with arseholes like them. It's not 'over praiseworthy' at all. In fact he done a hell of a job , the limited time he had here.
Funny he has spent a reasonable proportion of his working life with CM, lives in the same Oxfordshire town and drinks with him, eh?

I will agree that it was a strangely timed move and I don't think supporters were told the truth about his departure [or CM's either-he is still around infact].

The cloak and dagger world of SAFC. Take our money and tell us nowt.....

Last edited:
Funny he has spent a reasonable proportion of his working life with CM, lives in the same Oxfordshire town and drinks with him, eh?

I will agree that it was a strangely timed move and I don't think supporters were told the truth about his departure [or CM's either-he is still around infact].

The cloak and dagger world of SAFC. Take our money and tell us nowt.....
He's grew up with my dad n my dads mate. He came back to my local before announcing he leaving to have a drink with them. I was there. Think i know a bit more than you mate. Still keep in touch now.

if there is no takeover which i have had serious doubts about all along then it is quite an unbelieavble story if Stewy has put Storey up to this charade. Imagine that !

He wants to hope there is, (or we get off to a remarkable start to the season), as once fans realise we’re definitely stuck with these inept clowns, I’ve a feeling things will really turn unpleasant.

He's grew up with my dad n my dads mate. He came back to my local before announcing he leaving to have a drink with them. I was there. Think i know a bit more than you mate. Still keep in touch now.
Not going to get into an argument over something that can no longer affect SAFC but to say you know more than me is a bit of a claim in this instance. Do you know he'd previously worked with CM on more than one occasion, that he lives in the same Oxfordshire town as CM, that he was regularly seen in town after games with CM, that CM was the person who asked him to come to SAFC after the takeover was agreed by Donald and Methven, Ellis Short being a Dragon Advisory [CM's PR agency based in Mayfair, London] client of CM's and that relationship being the catalyst to them taking over SAFC.
He may have called them what you claim in private and the 'homesickness' thing was rubbish as he had seemed to be doing a canny job and was living in Sunderland.
As I say @rubberface I'm not arguing with you, main SAFC priority is to move forward. Let's not hold our respective breath eh?

Last edited:
Not going to get into an argument over something that can no longer affect SAFC but to say you know more than me is a bit of a claim in this instance. Do you know he'd previously worked with CM on more than one occasion, that he lives in the same Oxfordshire town as CM, that he was regularly seen in town after games with CM, that CM was the person who asked him to come to SAFC after the takeover was agreed by Donald and Methven, Ellis Short being a Dragon Advisory [CM's PR agency based in Mayfair, London] client of CM's and that relationship being the catalyst to them taking over SAFC.
He may have called them what you claim in private and the 'homesickness' thing was rubbish as he had seemed to be doing a canny job.
As I say ]@rubberface I'm not arguing with you, main SAFC priority is to move forward. Let's not hold our respective breath eh?
Yep, l knew he was coming and leaving Spurs 2 months before it was announced mate.

Think they're separate. Iirc it's lindlay catering or some such that do all the kiosks. The coors thing is purely about who supplies the alcohol. So, if I'm right, we could still do something different with the catering when it's up for renewal (chances are we won't mind!)
They are separate, Elior do all the hospitality and events and on some occasions, they will do joint events with the club. The contract is not up for renewal yet either.

He may have called them what you claim in private and the 'homesickness' thing was rubbish as he had seemed to be doing a canny job and was living in Sunderland.
As I say @rubberface I'm not arguing with you, main SAFC priority is to move forward. Let's not hold our respective breath eh?
All of your post has been mentioned on this board months ago....

All of this is starting to remind me of the big american takeover that never was from last season.

When things drag on, its usually a bad outcome and it feels like something ain't right.

*I've no idea how long buying a football club takes btw, it's just my opinion.

All of this is starting to remind me of the big american takeover that never was from last season.

When things drag on, its usually a bad outcome and it feels like something ain't right.

Difficult to have that opinion if you don't know what would entail it 'dragging on' in fairness mate.

If the running of the club is anythng to go by, I'd imagine buying it is a total clusterfuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back