Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastating news -it would be as if no one was ever interested in buying the Club.
Well it would be if you believed it. Bear in mind this particular poster insisted Storey was in pole position at one point. My point is it isn’t worth getting wound up about anything you read on here and best to wait until there’s undeniable evidence before reacting.

All of this is starting to remind me of the big american takeover that never was from last season.

When things drag on, its usually a bad outcome and it feels like something ain't right.

*I've no idea how long buying a football club takes btw, it's just my opinion.
It's hard to say, I would imagine it could take a very long time. When the company I work for was taken over it went on for about 14ths before it was all official

Yeah, you could be right. I was under the impression it was either all together, or both due at the same time and I've just assumed it was together.

It's a bit like a pubco - pubco does the deals with the breweries, and the landlords/managers have little or no choice in what they can sell.
Not necessarily. Don't think Vaux would be able to keep up with demand but they did give them a kiosk in the Beacon

Beacon and the club are totally separate legally, so the Beacon can make whatever arrangements it likes over what is sold on its premises. SAFC will just have rented part of it for the afternoon.

Last edited:
It's a bit like a pubco - pubco does the deals with the breweries, and the landlords/managers have little or no choice in what they can sell.

Beacon and the club are totally separate legally, so the Beacon can make whatever arrangements it likes over what is sold on its premises. SAFC will just have rented part of it for the afternoon.

Yeah, they couldn't have them in/round the ground because of the deal so were able to put them in their instead for that reason.

If I was Mr Moneybags looking to buy SAFC, i'd see straight away, that as it stands with covid, there is not a chance of breaking even, never mind making a profit. I'd see a majority share owner who probably can't keep funding the club for much longer, and 2 minority share owners, one who has no money, and one who doesn't seem to want to part with his money, though we can't be sure of that, Mr Sartori may be putting money into the club. So, even before looking at any books, you would surmise that the club can't be far off the point where it is trading whilst insolvent.

I'd try and get into talks about buying the club, and if I can, then it may mean that there is actually nobody else trying to buy. Once you're doing your due diligence you will find out how close to the wind SAFC is sailing. If things are dire, I would drag it out for all it's worth, hope the club goes bust, and buy it from the Administrator, or buy cheap from desperate owners saving myself quite a bit of money. Not good for the fans, possible 10 point deduction, but good for me. Not a low risk strategy for me, but it's a punt worth taking, because the upside could be huge.

The question is, is this what's happening now?

I'm standing by to be shot down on this. 😎

If I was Mr Moneybags looking to buy SAFC, i'd see straight away, that as it stands with covid, there is not a chance of breaking even, never mind making a profit. I'd see a majority share owner who probably can't keep funding the club for much longer, and 2 minority share owners, one who has no money, and one who doesn't seem to want to part with his money, though we can't be sure of that, Mr Sartori may be putting money into the club. So, even before looking at any books, you would surmise that the club can't be far off the point where it is trading whilst insolvent.

I'd try and get into talks about buying the club, and if I can, then it may mean that there is actually nobody else trying to buy. Once you're doing your due diligence you will find out how close to the wind SAFC is sailing. If things are dire, I would drag it out for all it's worth, hope the club goes bust, and buy it from the Administrator, or buy cheap from desperate owners saving myself quite a bit of money. Not good for the fans, possible 10 point deduction, but good for me. Not a low risk strategy for me, but it's a punt worth taking, because the upside could be huge.

well summed up that man....that is exactly how I see it too. Unless Donald finds another money loaded sofa to put his hands down, I can see him being able funding the club much longer without external investment.. No fans until after Christmas at a guess,knackered.

I don’t think he was ever homesick, he realised they were cowboys and wanted nowt to do with them for the benefit of his working career.
Just my opinion at the time and nowt has came out to change that view
same here...... I thought nonsensical that he wasn't aware of the distances involved .....I know he had his career to think of but a little honesty in the reason for him leaving might have alerted s few more fans to the Dumbo twins shanannagins a tad earlier.... I distrusted the duo from the start but I was willing to give them time to hang themselves. .. the mendacious bollocks around the parashute payments was the red flag for me.,.....we need rid of these carpet baggers asap...I just don't know how we go about it....I for one will cash in my season ticket if any of those chancers stay anywhere near my club.

quite possibly, or they’re trying to screw the price right down now. I’m not sure SD is in a very good position tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back