Swimming

If you had to guess when can you see the swimming baths being open again? Could you see a time when they lane it off and only allow a certain amount in? Will in be worth it of will they just wait till they can open it and not worry about the numbers entering? So many questions.....
Prob sane time that gyms re open , when though nobody knows yet (August be my guess )

If you had to guess when can you see the swimming baths being open again? Could you see a time when they lane it off and only allow a certain amount in? Will in be worth it of will they just wait till they can open it and not worry about the numbers entering? So many questions.....
Swim England issued a bit of guidance a few days back around lanes being twice the width they are normally, changing rooms closed etc but didn't expect any joy before July 4th

At least the work is still going on at the aquatic centre. It would have been closed anyway. I think when gyms/pools open Everyone Active will use a booking system through the app like they do for classes.

At least the work is still going on at the aquatic centre. It would have been closed anyway. I think when gyms/pools open Everyone Active will use a booking system through the app like they do for classes.
It might work out better with a booking system for the pool, at least you'll know numbers will be limited. That was always the worst thing about lane swimming, turning up and never knowing how busy it was going to be.
Anyone else doing much open water swimming?

It might work out better with a booking system for the pool, at least you'll know numbers will be limited. That was always the worst thing about lane swimming, turning up and never knowing how busy it was going to be.
Been down ellerton lake, was in the sea last Sunday too.

Funny enough I got an email yesterday from them saying they're planning on doing that. The problem is you'll get people block booking through the app like you do with the more popular classes. I've gone down with Achilles tendonitis so could do with the pool opening.

I’ve just ordered my wetsuit to start doing some open water swimming, anyone a member of NOWCA? There’s no venues in the North East by the look of it but a few around me in the Midlands.

So no showering or overtaking in the lanes and get in and out as quick as you can. Easy!

If everyone follows the rules...
going to be lots of pressure on time - there'll be more demand from the public trying to lose weight after lockdown, fewer allowed in and swimming and water polo clubs needing more time due to distancing too

Cheers , when’s it meant to re-open

😀😀.. completely lost interest but miss the odd swim now , haven’t been over there for 6 month

It was scheduled to reopen in Dec. Give and take a bit if delay because of covid I'd guess at Feb or march

Back