Swimming

I'm after a entry level swimming wetsuit. Never had one before so I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for. I read that unless you're an elite swimmer, always go for more buoyancy in the legs? This HUBB one has a 2:3 ratio:

HUUB Alpha 2:3 Open Water Swimming Wetsuit - Mens

It'll be for the Lido initially, so not really cold (20-24), but in the Winter the pool temperature goes down to 14 degrees so I'm not sure if that suit will be warm enough? And the plan would be to do so lake swimming. Would that need a 3:5?

HUUB Axiom 3:5 Triathlon Wetsuit - Mens

Cheers.

I'm after a entry level swimming wetsuit. Never had one before so I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for. I read that unless you're an elite swimmer, always go for more buoyancy in the legs? This HUBB one has a 2:3 ratio:

HUUB Alpha 2:3 Open Water Swimming Wetsuit - Mens

It'll be for the Lido initially, so not really cold (20-24), but in the Winter the pool temperature goes down to 14 degrees so I'm not sure if that suit will be warm enough? And the plan would be to do so lake swimming. Would that need a 3:5?

HUUB Axiom 3:5 Triathlon Wetsuit - Mens

Cheers.

I'm sure there will be more knowledgeable people that can advise, but I did a fair amount of research last year before buying my first one for a triathlon. This is what I settled with:

Wiggle | Orca TRN Thermo Wetsuit - Wiggle Exclusive | Wetsuits

It has the extra buoyancy like you mention and fitted true to size. I got a discount as it was my first Wiggle order too.

Be wary of the sizing cos they nowt like the size charts :lol:.. I got one online which should have fit, took me half hour to get the bastard on , had to return it , still on the lookout for one myself, some of the prices are ridiculous

Be wary of the sizing cos they nowt like the size charts :lol:.. I got one online which should have fit, took me half hour to get the bastard on , had to return it , still on the lookout for one myself, some of the prices are ridiculous
Yeah I'm finding the same, not as easy as I thought it would be. For an Orca I'm in 3 of their size bands so it seems a bit pot luck, and they won't be cheap to send back I'd imagine.

are you training for something specific ?

mine is to e move into triathlon type training
Looking at doing an open water event next year. Thought it would be good to work towards something. The coach who runs a squad I go to is doing an open water session in a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to get a wetsuit for that.

Maybe a daft question, I'm doing a first open water swim at the weekend in a lake (near Staines), got my wetsuit and been in the lido with it and all good, for the lake I assume wearing a swim cap would be better to keep a bit of heat in? But just a normal silicone will do? Do you only need neoprene caps outside of the summer months?

Maybe a daft question, I'm doing a first open water swim at the weekend in a lake (near Staines), got my wetsuit and been in the lido with it and all good, for the lake I assume wearing a swim cap would be better to keep a bit of heat in? But just a normal silicone will do? Do you only need neoprene caps outside of the summer months?
Normal swim cap will be fine.

Back