Swimming

I took the youngun through Shields baths last week just to get him back in the water again. Members obviously get first dibs but non members just have to phone up on the day to see if there's any spaces left. Going to ring in the morning to hopefully get him in on afternoon sometime

Been enjoying the swims over the last few weeks. Been adding distance each time and did 100 lengths in a session for the first time since 1992! Also taken up open water swimming which should be simple but need to get the technique of sighting sorted. Currently swim like I play golf, zigzagging my way down the course!
Anyone recommend a decent watch for swimming and cycling?

Been enjoying the swims over the last few weeks. Been adding distance each time and did 100 lengths in a session for the first time since 1992! Also taken up open water swimming which should be simple but need to get the technique of sighting sorted. Currently swim like I play golf, zigzagging my way down the course!
Garmin do a few triathlon watches , try ebay ?

Budget?

For anyone that has gone swimming what has been the process? Did you have to walk In to the gym is ur swimming shorts or are you allowed to use changing rooms?

Where you hear that mate? Hetton Facebook page saying 22nd
Just what me Mam was telling me, marra. She goes to Silky regularly and one of the women she goes with told her. Supposedly the reason they delayed the pools was because the guards had loads of training to catch up with as they have to do so many hours a month. Plus all the COVID training needed doing on top. Do you know if they're doing bookings/slots?

Went tonight for the first time, have to arrive "beach ready" and get your kit off by the pool but then you can use the changing rooms afterwards, nee showers though which seems odd.

Canny having a git big lane between two though.

Just what me Mam was telling me, marra. She goes to Silky regularly and one of the women she goes with told her. Supposedly the reason they delayed the pools was because the guards had loads of training to catch up with as they have to do so many hours a month. Plus all the COVID training needed doing on top. Do you know if they're doing bookings/slots?

I think its slots like the gym. Apparently they are going to lane it off the and you find the lane closest to your ability.

Went tonight for the first time, have to arrive "beach ready" and get your kit off by the pool but then you can use the changing rooms afterwards, nee showers though which seems odd.

Canny having a git big lane between two though.
You’d think you’d have to shower before and after to cleanse yourself! Sing ring-a-ring o’roses twice to make sure you’re clean enough Boris reckons

Back