Swimming

Which size band did you go for out of the 3
I was in band MT, 7 and 8, the Orca website said get an 8 but I just thought it would be too big so got a MT. It was too small, send it back and got an 8, which seems to be fine :lol:

When I tried it in the Lido I couldn't do more than 50 meters without my arms aching. But it was because I wasn't pulling it up enough, to give me some room around the shoulders.

Anybody else had bad calf cramp when swimming ? Left calf last night near end of swim thought I had been shot !! At time thought was just bad cramp
Did a run today and it’s still sore

Anybody else had bad calf cramp when swimming ? Left calf last night near end of swim thought I had been shot !! At time thought was just bad cramp
Did a run today and it’s still sore
Only had bad calf cramp once, pushing off the wall and my calf went ping, couldn't continue and was sore for a day or so. I get sore calfs regularly though, towards the end of a session. I try to stretch them out for a couple of minutes before going in.

aye it was like suddenly been shot in the pool , luckily was near the wall as genuinely struggled to swim , ran yesterday which in hindsight was mistake, pretty sore now

I get it sometimes near the end when tired & pushing off wall energetically. If I catch it in time I push off gentler and sometimes with only one leg to avoid it. It stopped me running (at any pace) cos after about 5 mins I'd get a pain like being stabbed in the meaty part of the calf and I'd be limping for a week. physio was one of those f***ing nodders who know what you're going to say before you say it. He'd had it himself and gave me exercises to do but they were hard so didn't bother. Stretching before seemed to make it worse/more likely.

I get it sometimes near the end when tired & pushing off wall energetically. If I catch it in time I push off gentler and sometimes with only one leg to avoid it. It stopped me running (at any pace) cos after about 5 mins I'd get a pain like being stabbed in the meaty part of the calf and I'd be limping for a week. physio was one of those f***ing nodders who know what you're going to say before you say it. He'd had it himself and gave me exercises to do but they were hard so didn't bother. Stretching before seemed to make it worse/more likely.
Was still feeling it last week so biting bullet and having 10 days no cardio

Suffer with this quite a lot. Stretching before definitely makes it worse, best thing I found is foam rolling regularly (or better still getting someone else to go to town on your calf with a rolling pin).

Aquatic centre pool closed from the 6th April for the roof repair. Planned to be finished before the end of the year.

They better be offering discounts like.

Hate the raich carter and silky is too small
I got an email saying "customers will be informed of their options w/c 10th Feb". I use the gyms in aquatic and Silky and do the spin classes if the weather's too shit to run/cycle. I take the bairns to Washington swimming so get my money's worth still. I hope the sort the changing rooms and clean the tiles before opening it back up.

Ive been getting back into it lately. Been doing 10 or so lengths of the Riach Carter centre baths after I've been to the gym. Surprised just how out of breath I've been getting especially when doing the front crawl.

I realise everybody is different on this and times don't matter really, as long as you better yourself that is the main thing. I normally do 500 metres freestyle in 8:30- just less than 9 mins to begin with. I tend to do just sets of 12, 10, 6, 6 after that, mixed strokes.
I like to do an absolute minimum of 1000 metres in a trip, probably average out on something like 1400-1500. There are people at my baths doing 2000 metres a day, 5 days a week. Not young bucks either.

If you had to guess when can you see the swimming baths being open again? Could you see a time when they lane it off and only allow a certain amount in? Will in be worth it of will they just wait till they can open it and not worry about the numbers entering? So many questions.....

Back