Swimming

Bloody love swimming. Best exercise to keep my back in check. At the moment I'm doing 1500m (60 X 25m), 6 days a week.

are you getting any results from that mate ive just started doing an hours swim every morning managed to get myself a waterporrof MP3 player and headphones to pass the boredom too

Bloody love swimming. Best exercise to keep my back in check. At the moment I'm doing 1500m (60 X 25m), 6 days a week.

I do the same but only 5 days a week, every weekday morning, it's doing wonders for my back and knees. Helps that the gym has a hydropool for a massage straight after.....

Takes me around 30-35 minutes doing breaststroke, freestyle is a lot faster but knackers me out. The aim is to up the amount of freestyle as I get fitter and get the time down.

I've just got back into it after a few weeks off so I'm taking 32-35 minutes. Target is under 30.
That's what my first goal was 2 minutes per 100m over 1000m. Been a struggle to get my 100m pace down further though! Only going twice a week is my issue, if you're going nearly every day you'll have no problems.

That's what my first goal was 2 minutes per 100m over 1000m. Been a struggle to get my 100m pace down further though! Only going twice a week is my issue, if you're going nearly every day you'll have no problems.
When I was 18, I started having problems with back pain. I saw a GP and swimming was his first recommendation. He told me he was 45 and swam 1.5km in 30 minutes so that was my target and it's been my target ever since! I've moved around and gone through phases of swimming depending on how convenient the pool is (sometimes daily for several months, then 2-3 times a week, sometimes nothing for a month or two)... I could do 1.5km in under 30 minutes very easily but the last few months in Montreal I was just doing 0.5-1km, 3 times a week.

Got to be a whoosh Shirley :lol::lol:
Honestly not! My gymgoing mates tell me the time of day is very important for some reason...

1.5km in 28 minutes today. :cool:

Last edited:

Back