*****Sunderland vs Morecambe match thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only judge him on what I've seen, imo he lacks that pace, strength and touch to make it at the very top.
I'm sorry if it upsets you but it's only my opinion

Yes but from what we've all seen over the years you lack the IQ, perspicacity and understanding of football to make it as a scout in the Northern Premier League, never mind the actual Premier League, so I doubt Maja's worried.

All of them strikers 'worked the line' No coincidence.
Maybe I'm just not a good enough football supporter, but, I don't recall seeing Vardy play for 'Who?', nor Phillips for that matter (also playing for 'Who?'). I'm bloody certain I didn't see Kane playing for Orient, nor Lineker mostly not playing for Leicester. Obviously, you've seen them all play at this stage of their careers. He's learning the game, still.

Maybe I'm just not a good enough football supporter, but, I don't recall seeing Vardy play for 'Who?', nor Phillips for that matter (also playing for 'Who?'). I'm bloody certain I didn't see Kane playing for Orient, nor Lineker mostly not playing for Leicester. Obviously, you've seen them all play at this stage of their careers. He's learning the game, still.
..So you need to be taught to work?

Yes but from what we've all seen over the years you lack the IQ, perspicacity and understanding of football to make it as a scout in the Northern Premier League, never mind the actual Premier League, so I doubt Maja's worried.
I hope he's not worried I hope he makes it big time but it's just my opinion.

Now there's no need to get yasel worked up and no need for the childish insults.

Dunno. What I do know is that, for a similar age, Maja is scoring more goals than Kane and Lineker, and playing at a much higher level than Vardy and Phillips. I like that he scores loads of goals.
I like that you can't contribute to what Maja brings to his game. Ian Rush started off at Chester, still grafted his balls off alone up front...and scored goals.

Maja is an interesting one. He's rubbish in the air, doesn't put himself about a lot, but get the ball to his feet in the penalty box and he'll often score. He is of course not yet in the same class as Phillips, etc., but he is only 19 and look at the improvement in just the last year. If he continues to improve his game at that rate he could be quite an asset.

Maja is an interesting one. He's rubbish in the air, doesn't put himself about a lot, but get the ball to his feet in the penalty box and he'll often score. He is of course not yet in the same class as Phillips, etc., but he is only 19 and look at the improvement in just the last year. If he continues to improve his game at that rate he could be quite an asset.
Exactly

I’m struggling to remember our last defeat. Winning is a habit we’ve learned, even when playing the bairns.
Burton away. Got all excited and we started Wyke, Sinclair and Maja. 2-0 ht, 2-1 ft

Certainly Is

It’s a worthwhile debate mind

There was a time under moyes where Defoe upfront just wasn’t enough as we were so bad we needed a striker who could also hold it up

At the same time he was our best player

The hardest thing to do in football is to score a goal and Maja makes it look easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back