*****Sunderland vs Morecambe match thread****

Here's a quote about Gary Lineker:

Gary Linekar was a great striker and scored a huge amount of goals. Part of the reason that he scored so many goals is that he couldn’t be bothered moving much when the opposition had the ball and saved all his energy in attack. Even still, when his team had the ball he still wouldn’t do too much running. Instead he was a notorious goal hanger and would just stay in the penalty area waiting for his chance to score. He was lazy, but it worked. He famously never received a booking during his career but that was mainly due to his lack of tackling or challenging the opposition than anything else.

I don't care that you think Maja is lazy. He scores goals. Why is him running about so important to you? Is it that you revel in the idea of turning a silk purse into a sow's ear?
I don't care that you don't agree, couldn't give a flying.

I don't care that you don't agree, couldn't give a flying.
Good. I'll carry on celebrating his goals and enjoying winning, you carry on with whining about him not running about enough and that, based on him being 'lazy', he'll never make it.

You're one of those people who'd prefer to see him fail, so you can be an Internet winner, than see him succeed and concede you're wrong, aren't you?

Good. I'll carry on celebrating his goals and enjoying winning, you carry on with whining about him not running about enough and that, based on him being 'lazy', he'll never make it.

You're one of those people who'd prefer to see him fail, so you can be an Internet winner, than see him succeed and concede you're wrong, aren't you?

He isn't lazy anyway. Half of a striker's work is mental, getting a read on defenders and moving into positions to make their lives difficult. Sprinting up and down the pitch does a lot less good than being in a position ready to hurt the opposition. His style reminds me a lot of Defoe, and can't help but think that their training sessions together did the lad a lot of good.

He isn't lazy anyway. Half of a striker's work is mental, getting a read on defenders and moving into positions to make their lives difficult. Sprinting up and down the pitch does a lot less good than being in a position ready to hurt the opposition. His style reminds me a lot of Defoe, and can't help but think that their training sessions together did the lad a lot of good.
There aren't enough 'like' buttons to press for this post.

Look who it is, the spineless waste of spunk is back.

If you ever meet your dad (could be anyone down the pub) tell him that he should’ve had a wank instead of wasting his load.

Now fuck off back under your rock.

I only replied "fùck off nob" an it got deleted :lol::rolleyes::?:

Dunno whether it's been mentioned in the multitude of pages but my lasting memory of my evening in Morecambe is that large, fancy house next to the ground. How the other half live.

Yeah, it even had its own bar.

Now that's decadent:cool:

Not getting it are you? I'm talking about him grafting. Lazy he is in his workrate.
Unless FIFA have changed the rules, grafting, no matter how hard it is by any player, gets you zero points, nothing.
Josh Maja is doing his job, scoring goals, that is what matters in football. Without him this season? We probably won't even be in the top 6.
Your argument is redundant.

Unless FIFA have changed the rules, grafting, no matter how hard it is by any player, gets you zero points, nothing.
Josh Maja is doing his job, scoring goals, that is what matters in football. Without him this season? We probably won't even be in the top 6.
Your argument is redundant.
..It's a debate you melt.

Back