Suicide must be a dark place

The only personal link I have is of my great grandmother in the 1930s, after a particularly bad run of events in her life. It was my Nanna who found her when she was still only a child. It left a mark that still lingers in some ways, all these years on.

I’ve been having similar thoughts these past few days. I’m hoping it goes away soon.

You'd be a miss to the board, so I'm certain of how much of a miss you'd be in the real world.

I depends. Some people seem calm and happy...happy because they've made the decision some time ago and tied up the loose ends (as they see it) and they'll fool anyone into thinking they don't have a care in the world.
Sometimes it's like a rush...an overwhelming urge to get it over with.

But the process itself is like a big hole that you can't dig your way out of - you just get deeper and the spiral goes downwards. It can become the first thing on your mind when you wake to the last before you sleep. Sleep helps because it's a time where the person can forget but on waking...? It was described to me as being...just draining. So tiring.

It's no ones fault. I don't think a suicide actually thinks straight about those who love them...just digging in that hole.

I read somewhere that every survivor who jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge (not many) said that as soon as they let go of the rail they knew it was the wrong choice. A pity we don't have that focus when making the choice.
I saw that documentary about the Golden Gate Bridge. That’s the bit that stayed stayed with me. It just rang so true.

I’ve been having similar thoughts these past few days. I’m hoping it goes away soon.
Don't let it fester marra.. speak to people... friends, family, radged ransoms off here (well maybe not the sicko that liked ya post :eek: :lol:), anyone... it's really the best thing you could probably do. My mate hit rock bottom, scarily before any of us were aware, but he's since turned it around with a bit of help.

I've no doubt your inbox'll now be inundated by the good folk on here, but I'm always keeping a check on here if you want someone to talk to.

Last edited:
A lad that used to work for us killed himself over gambling debts - quite a shock really (even though he'd left our company a few months before he died). Looking back, there were warning signs - avoiding phone calls, telling us things that didn't quite add up.

The debt collectors were still phoning our office years after trying to track him down!

I can't ever imagine being in such a dark place - I wouldn't want to put my family through the suffering (or not see them again), but I suppose until you're actually in that situation you can't say what you would do.

Friday is twelve months since my sister.

It was recorded as a drugs related death as the coroner couldn’t conclusively say she’d intentionally took her own life but that’s the only way I can see it.

You’re right, it’s f***ing horrific for the family, worse than people just dying. Every day I struggle with, what more could I have done, what more should I have done, what would I change if I could go back 1 year ago, 3 years ago, 5 years ago.... she was getting her life back on track as well and was beautiful young woman. Her three kids have to be the focus but fuck me it’s hard work keeping it all together all the time.

You mentioned in the OP that it was a breakdown in his relationship and custody battle. It’s a similar story time and time again. People need to start doing what’s right and not what scores them the most f***ing points.

Her last words to her kids were, see you Friday with a big smile on her face. Her last Facebook posts were full of positivity about her future.
Doesn’t seem like two mins mate ! f***ing hate being nice to you FYI x

A lad that used to work for us killed himself over gambling debts - quite a shock really (even though he'd left our company a few months before he died). Looking back, there were warning signs - avoiding phone calls, telling us things that didn't quite add up.

The debt collectors were still phoning our office years after trying to track him down!

I can't ever imagine being in such a dark place - I wouldn't want to put my family through the suffering (or not see them again), but I suppose until you're actually in that situation you can't say what you would do.
Think thats the thing isnt it really, That if your not or never in that position we would never know mate ....... Gambling is a horrible thing though especially if your keeping it all inside and not telling people

A mate of mine killed himself late last year and to this day nobody knows why ......... His daughter put a video on social media this morning and it really hit home that we didnt know how much of a dark place this lad was in

Just think your head must be in the worst place ever to do this and the aftermath you leave for family and friencs is just crazy.

This lad was in a bitter war with his ex over his older daughter but was re married and had other family that is now just destroyed really

Really affected me this morning watching that video and just thinking how lucky i am really
Don't do it, Soapy

Isn’t it when people seem at their happiest you have to really watch out?

Usually an indication they have made a decision on their way out
I'm a Samaritans listening volunteer. People who have suicidal thoughts can behave in any number of ways. As you suggest, some people do seem to perk up, as though they have made up their mind and they've reached a certain level of peace. Others are the opposite: they project nothing but a bleak vision of what the rest of their life is going to be like, and are utterly bereft at the idea of living (and/or dying). In either case, it's always f***ing tragic when thought turns to action.

116 123
[email protected]

Isn’t it when people seem at their happiest you have to really watch out?

Usually an indication they have made a decision on their way out

It can be.

A lad I worked with years ago did it. His personal life was a mess but one Friday he came into work like his old self. Cracking jokes etc. Took his own life that evening.

I've known 5 people who have taken their own life over the past 12-13 years, 3 of them in the last 2 years and they are just the ones I know personally. It does seem like more and more people are doing it and I feel like the government should be doing more, but I don't know what or how. I don't think anyone even knew what they were going through at the time.
My cousin walked to the galleries and bought a sandwich for lunch and a length of rope. Half an hour later some poor bugger found him swinging from a tree. Still can't quite believe it.
Don't pal. You want my number to call just pm me. Here any time.

Last edited:

Please don't do it marra.

I don't know you , but if you want a chat then please pm me. Maybe it would be easier talking to a stranger. I'm not trained in this area but I do.know the devastation it leaves behind, my 26 year old nephew killed himself and his mum and sister still grieve for him now. I had no idea he was feeling like that and would certainly have helped him in any way I could.

No matter how low you might be feeling, there are people that care about you.

Just to reinforce what the lads have been saying here, please don't suffer in silence.
Treat us as an emotional sponge.
For any other kind of sponge, have a chat with the lad who showered with the dog.

Seriously though, all things aside, people look out for each other on here. It's very heartening to see.

Back