Suicide must be a dark place

I've known 5 people who have taken their own life over the past 12-13 years, 3 of them in the last 2 years and they are just the ones I know personally. It does seem like more and more people are doing it and I feel like the government should be doing more, but I don't know what or how. I don't think anyone even knew what they were going through at the time.

Not cutting mental health funding would be a start like.

Think its the whole menatl health thing that should be done a lot better

In my job i deal with the crisis team and they do not do a great job at all

On the other hand they are underfunded and overwroked
They definitely need to focus more on mental health and dealing with it before people start thinking about killing themselves because by the time someone calls the crisis number they are already in a bad place.

Getting accounts etc in order etc is another sign you’d be asked to watch out for.
Mentioned on here a 15 year old hung himself near me a couple of month back, harrowing. Had to have a long chat with our 3.

Was in an office last week where most staff are furloughed without bonus etc etc. Mste/customer arrived to clear a lads desk who’d killed himself.
I’d love to be wrong but think this is going to be rife when very few jobs resume.

Can't imagine what mood you'd have to be in to go through with it.
I depends. Some people seem calm and happy...happy because they've made the decision some time ago and tied up the loose ends (as they see it) and they'll fool anyone into thinking they don't have a care in the world.
Sometimes it's like a rush...an overwhelming urge to get it over with.

But the process itself is like a big hole that you can't dig your way out of - you just get deeper and the spiral goes downwards. It can become the first thing on your mind when you wake to the last before you sleep. Sleep helps because it's a time where the person can forget but on waking...? It was described to me as being...just draining. So tiring.

It's no ones fault. I don't think a suicide actually thinks straight about those who love them...just digging in that hole.

I read somewhere that every survivor who jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge (not many) said that as soon as they let go of the rail they knew it was the wrong choice. A pity we don't have that focus when making the choice.

Last edited:
A mate of mine killed himself late last year and to this day nobody knows why ......... His daughter put a video on social media this morning and it really hit home that we didnt know how much of a dark place this lad was in

Just think your head must be in the worst place ever to do this and the aftermath you leave for family and friencs is just crazy.

This lad was in a bitter war with his ex over his older daughter but was re married and had other family that is now just destroyed really

Really affected me this morning watching that video and just thinking how lucky i am really

Really sad mate and I know from personal experience the carnage it leaves behind. I simply don’t judge as you rightly said, we have no idea how the individual is feeling and we are all wired up differently.
For Men particularly they struggle to express their inner emotions and thoughts, equally this masculine tough exterior needs to be let go as in many cases people are desperate for help and think by opening up to people they are losing face.
Couldn’t be so far away from what is best for everyone.

You are very lucky mate and just keep telling yourself that every morning when you wake up and just before you get to sleep.
Life is very tough and there are some wonderful people out there worth supporting and helping.

It’s a dark place poor mental health. I suppose you think people will be better off without having to worry about you but it’s far from the truth.
This was pointed out to me by a certain barmaid after I'd been running me gob off one evening - I don't think I'd thought of it like that before.

The void that people are left with will be far more damaging though.

Isn’t it when people seem at their happiest you have to really watch out?

Usually an indication they have made a decision on their way out

Footage of Chester from Linkin Park taken just before his death he looked really happy. Having some great family time.
That's an awful thing to think about if he'd made up his mind. Very sad

Really sad mate and I know from personal experience the carnage it leaves behind. I simply don’t judge as you rightly said, we have no idea how the individual is feeling and we are all wired up differently.
For Men particularly they struggle to express their inner emotions and thoughts, equally this masculine tough exterior needs to be let go as in many cases people are desperate for help and think by opening up to people they are losing face.
Couldn’t be so far away from what is best for everyone.

You are very lucky mate and just keep telling yourself that every morning when you wake up and just before you get to sleep.
Life is very tough and there are some wonderful people out there worth supporting and helping.
Cheers mate it really is hard and sad and its that one thing that i keep thinking he was a lovely lad and i just didnt see it coming

Oh i know i am just puts things into persepctive seeing that video this morning what his daughter had done for him

Cheers mate it really is hard and sad and its that one thing that i keep thinking he was a lovely lad and i just didnt see it coming

Oh i know i am just puts things into persepctive seeing that video this morning what his daughter had done for him

How I blamed myself for not picking up what my Mate was going through.
Now the real bomb shell. He drove past my house twice and stopped I ran out the third time but he never drove by again.
At 6:00am the next Morning a local farmer who I knew found him dead in his exhaust fumed car. It floored me :(

A mate of mine killed himself late last year and to this day nobody knows why ......... His daughter put a video on social media this morning and it really hit home that we didnt know how much of a dark place this lad was in

Just think your head must be in the worst place ever to do this and the aftermath you leave for family and friencs is just crazy.

This lad was in a bitter war with his ex over his older daughter but was re married and had other family that is now just destroyed really

Really affected me this morning watching that video and just thinking how lucky i am really
Yep a mate of committed suicide, he'd been estranged from the rest of us for a while, but it was a shock. nobody really knows why.

Back