Still the funniest thing ever at an Safc game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A match at the sol (not juve)
Bloke dressed as Spiderman in the south stand getting cheers for some reason, not sure if he had a run in with the stewards. Then he disappeared down the exit. Next thing the ball goes wayward down the entrance to the exit only for Spiderman to reappear with it held aloft.
I maybe a bit hazy with this memory so I'd love someone to put me right :D

Superman vs Juventus
It was Spiderman.
A match at the sol (not juve)
Bloke dressed as Spiderman in the south stand getting cheers for some reason, not sure if he had a run in with the stewards. Then he disappeared down the exit. Next thing the ball goes wayward down the entrance to the exit only for Spiderman to reappear with it held aloft.
I maybe a bit hazy with this memory so I'd love someone to put me right :D
That was definitely the Juve game. Remember it well

Last edited:
Late 80's / early 90's when the "SAFC Arab Branch" used to regularly attend our aways, dressed in full robes, teatowel held in place with the snake belt on the head, and sunglasses. Always remember a game at West Brom when just as the game was about to kick off there was an uproar from the mainstand to our left and all of these "Arabs" appeared in what looked like the directors box and proceeded to wave to the away fans as they made their way to their seats along the front of the box. How the fcuk they got tickets in there is a mystery!
They were funny the Arab Branch. I seem to remember Man City away, getting off the bus to them singing "OK Fred, now you're the Ayatollah (not Yaga Yaga) to a bloke they knew. They always seemed to have a cracking day out despite the result
I could be wrong but I think he posted something on his Facebook saying he was a mag and he was going to our game to streak on the pitch!
correct

What happened?

Playing Fulham at the SOL about 6/7 years ago, might have been Richardson's first game back after he left. Him and Urby Emanuelson were on the bench for them. With about 20 minutes left or so Fulham made a sub, must have been close to half the Stadium stood up and applauded him onto the pitch. Which is fair enough really, RIchardson was a good player for us, scored the winner against the Mags etc etc. Sprinted across the pitch to take a throw in down in the left back position as soon as he come on with thousands of people still clapping him as he took the throw in.

Only problem was it was Urby Emanuelson who they'd brought on instead of Richardson and literally thousands of people hadn't realised (despite his name being read out over the tannoy) and had basically given this random lad a standing ovation for nowt.

Playing Fulham at the SOL about 6/7 years ago, might have been Richardson's first game back after he left. Him and Urby Emanuelson were on the bench for them. With about 20 minutes left or so Fulham made a sub, must have been close to half the Stadium stood up and applauded him onto the pitch. Which is fair enough really, RIchardson was a good player for us, scored the winner against the Mags etc etc. Sprinted across the pitch to take a throw in down in the left back position as soon as he come on with thousands of people still clapping him as he took the throw in.

Only problem was it was Urby Emanuelson who they'd brought on instead of Richardson and literally thousands of people hadn't realised (despite his name being read out over the tannoy) and had basically given this random lad a standing ovation for nowt.
Excellent 😂

Posted this before but at that Man City game in 1991 when the bloke in a full gorilla suit was sprinting up the road carrying 2 slabs of lager, and being chased by an irate shopkeeper will stay with me for ever.

Believe what you want I was the man who poured the pint over his head

So you ran on the pitch to confront him, then ran back to the paddock where the Sunderland fans were, picked up a pint, then poured it over him as they went down the tunnel? As that is where the pint was poured.

Darren Williams bowing at the feet of Jody Craddock in the second half was more fun. Some canny fish restaurants in Antwerp too.

Nyron conceding a corner from inside the Boro half has to be a chortle raiser.

If seen a fair few moments but one that always sticks in my mind was against Barnsley away. Some big fat twat was giving it large wearing white shirt someone threw an orange from about 20 yards and hit him right in the chest ruining his shirt and sending him falling into his mates what a shot is was it only be was on the pitch ....

Anniversary has passed as it was 12.03.88, but saw this as searching for Supakev's goal v Barnsley.

I was there on a feckin awful afternoon in the rain.

At half time, a roar went up and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Hilarious and never to be forgotten by those who were there.

And then we got cheated when someone kicked the ball out of Hesfords hands to equalise. All part of being Safc.
Absolutely epic....who was the kiddie who got 10/10....does he get on here? 🤸‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back