Still the funniest thing ever at an Safc game?

Was at Ferrybridge on the way to Man Citeh 91 when everyone turned to see a soft top blasting it's horn as it drove in .... The Pink Panther was driving, there was a Panda in the passenger seat and a Bear in the back. Surreal

Playing the Mags and they had a corner at the leazes end in front of us. Brian Kilcline came forward somewhat unnoticed till someone shouted "some fucker needs to mark Jesus at the far post" :lol: ... I was still giggling to myself 3 days later

An honorouble mention for the cheer given to "and today's referee ... Uriah Rennie":lol:

I let out the loudest fart ever in the bogs at Hartshead Moor on the M62 on the way to the FA cup semi final v Millwall. It was that loud it frightened a young lad next to me making him piss down his leg. People couldn't believe it was a fart the knars

Late 80's / early 90's when the "SAFC Arab Branch" used to regularly attend our aways, dressed in full robes, teatowel held in place with the snake belt on the head, and sunglasses. Always remember a game at West Brom when just as the game was about to kick off there was an uproar from the mainstand to our left and all of these "Arabs" appeared in what looked like the directors box and proceeded to wave to the away fans as they made their way to their seats along the front of the box. How the fcuk they got tickets in there is a mystery!
Not sure if it’s the same group (probably not), but there’s a famous photo of a north east lad fighting for the PLO in the Middle East in a Sunderland scarf.

Anniversary has passed as it was 12.03.88, but saw this as searching for Supakev's goal v Barnsley.

I was there on a feckin awful afternoon in the rain.

At half time, a roar went up and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Hilarious and never to be forgotten by those who were there.

And then we got cheated when someone kicked the ball out of Hesfords hands to equalise. All part of being Safc.
I never believed he'd caught the ball till it was down the other end of the pitch or at a sunlun players feet.

Not sure if it’s the same group (probably not), but there’s a famous photo of a north east lad fighting for the PLO in the Middle East in a Sunderland scarf.

Forget the game and the blokes name. Was Wilkinsons assistant. Think his name was Steve.

Anyway, usual Wilkinson fare being dished up (getting beat at home) ground is deathly silent, and Steve????? Comes out to technical area, notepad in hand. There for few seconds making notes and someone shouts from the crowd "What's the matter Steve, can you not spell shite"

Made me chuckle anyway.

Forget the game and the blokes name. Was Wilkinsons assistant. Think his name was Steve.

Anyway, usual Wilkinson fare being dished up (getting beat at home) ground is deathly silent, and Steve????? Comes out to technical area, notepad in hand. There for few seconds making notes and someone shouts from the crowd "What's the matter Steve, can you not spell shite"

Made me chuckle anyway.
Steve Cotterill

Back