Still the funniest thing ever at an Safc game?

Late 80's / early 90's when the "SAFC Arab Branch" used to regularly attend our aways, dressed in full robes, teatowel held in place with the snake belt on the head, and sunglasses. Always remember a game at West Brom when just as the game was about to kick off there was an uproar from the mainstand to our left and all of these "Arabs" appeared in what looked like the directors box and proceeded to wave to the away fans as they made their way to their seats along the front of the box. How the fcuk they got tickets in there is a mystery!

One of my favourites was when we played Fulham and were 0-3 down after about 40 mins. Cotterill was scribbling furiously on his notepad and ripping up pages when suddenly someone behind the dugout shouts “ how man , what’s the matter stayve! Can ya not spell shite”

still die laughing at that class

Anniversary has passed as it was 12.03.88, but saw this as searching for Supakev's goal v Barnsley.

I was there on a feckin awful afternoon in the rain.

At half time, a roar went up and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Hilarious and never to be forgotten by those who were there.

And then we got cheated when someone kicked the ball out of Hesfords hands to equalise. All part of being Safc.
Must as been amazing to watch live and funny as fuck.:lol:

Must as been amazing to watch live and funny as fuck.:lol:
It was brilliant. 👍
Most Sunland fans at the match, paid little or no attention to the game going on.
We were all too busy laughing and cheering on the mud skiiers :lol: :lol::lol:
I was at Wigan too that day. We were near the front, on the left of the action as we were "lucky" enough to have got a spot where there was terracing. I will not see a funnier thing at a football match in my lifetime, and stats indicate I have >30 years to live. It was f***ing hilarious. Me and my friend from school still talk about it now.
My mate is a Man Utd fan, and had just got a new car, and fancied giving it a good run out, so he drove us to Wigan for the match.
He still says the mud skiers is the funniest thing he's ever seen at a match. 😅

Last edited by a moderator:
It was brilliant. 👍
Most Sunland fans at the match, paid little or no attention to the game going on.
We were all too busy laughing and cheering on the mud skiiers :lol: :lol::lol:

My mate is a Man Utd fan, and had just got a new car, and fancied giving it a good run out, so he drove us to Wigan for the match.
He still says the mud skiers is the funniest thing he's ever seen at a match. 😅
:lol: Class! :lol:

Remember playing Arsenal at Roker Park in the first division during 1976 - 77 season. Ex Mags and England superstar Malcolm MacDonald was playing for them.
Some wag in the Fulwell End unfurled a huge banner with ‘ PLASTIC MAC’ displayed on it.
SuperMac wasn’t too happy. Was funny at the time , one all draw, and SuperMac didn’t score for Arsenal.

Remember playing Arsenal at Roker Park in the first division during 1976 - 77 season. Ex Mags and England superstar Malcolm MacDonald was playing for them.
Some wag in the Fulwell End unfurled a huge banner with ‘ PLASTIC MAC’ displayed on it.
SuperMac wasn’t too happy. Was funny at the time , one all draw, and SuperMac didn’t score for Arsenal.
It was 2-2 and the bandy legged bastard did score.

Why did you do it, serious question?

Believe what you want I was the man who poured the pint over his head
"Put your testicles back Mac" sang the FE following that infamous team photo :lol: 1

Last edited:

Back