Stewart Donald, has just offered to visit me dad at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice gesture but is he someone your dad will be that bothered about meeting?
There’s no reason to try and put a negative question in there, regardless of if he is bothered or not it’s a nice gesture end of. Plus he’s a safc fan so why wouldn’t he want to meet the current owner

He’s trying to put a negative spin on something which has nothing negative about it

Last edited:
I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).
I’m not easily gobsmacked but I got this tweet in reply

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
This is a personal side to football I thought had gone.
Delighted for you Janey.

Edit: take some pictures! Ring the Echo, RR etc. Make a big deal out of it. SD deserves the credit and your dar deserves his fyace in the paper! :D

Last edited:
I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).
I’m not easily gobsmacked but I got this tweet in reply

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
This is a personal side to football I thought had gone.

Outstanding.

Wow that's fantastic @janey what a kind and warm hearted gesture by the club and SD. We have our beloved club back with owners that really care about the fans like your dad. We really are the greatest club the World has ever seen x
We are, and while we all want brilliant football at the top of the Premier League, I’d take this gesture and League 1 and a feel of having my club back any day

Im certain they will, I love him. xx

:):)

I've just seen this on Twitter, what a fantastic gesture. :)

My mum used to go to all the games but hasn't managed for the last few years due to ill health, her last game was Wembley in 2014. She was taken down by her carer and I went down with my hubby (we got tickets from his workplace 4 days before the game - she got hers as a ST holder) Out of all the seats in that stadium our tickets ended up being just rows apart and "a couple along" from each other. Which was amazing, as much as she probably wasn't fully aware why she was there (Dementia :evil:) I've got a brill pic of me and her just before KO. Anyway, I digress, and this is not about me, but having that constant there during the games good times and bad always leave a lasting memory and I'm sure you've made many many memories with your dad.

SAFC have offered me the chance to sort out getting our old seats when they replace the North Stand which we are going to make into garden seats.

I couldn't possibly imagine the previous owners etc connecting this well with the fans, I know social media gets it's fair share of slating but situations and connections like this mean so much to us fans in more ways that they could sometimes imagine.

Good luck and best wishes to your family Janey and if you ever feel you're on your own at the match, you're not... we are all right there beside you x

Love it :cool:

We are, and while we all want brilliant football at the top of the Premier League, I’d take this gesture and League 1 and a feel of having my club back any day
Couldn't agree more pet, this is what supporting a football club is all about, the relationship between the club and the fans.

I know "going above and beyond" is a favorite marketing/customer service buzz-phrase but this is genuinely way more than anyone would have expected from SD.

As @janey rightly says, we all bemoan the loss of the personal in modern football so when someone goes out of their way to honor a life-long fan on such an individual level it's just wonderful to see.

There's a long road to walk on our way back as far as on the field stuff is concerned but the way the club runs now off the pitch is a total reversal of the previous lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back