Stewart Donald, has just offered to visit me dad at home

Aww thanks, I’m in bits most of the time, but only doing what a daughter would do xx
I'm confident both my daughter's would do the same for me also my 2 stepdaughters anarl. Nobody can question your loyalty to your dad though, what a rock you have been for him. Hope Stewart Donald does visit him, a proud moment for all of you, which will last forever xx

I'm confident both my daughter's would do the same for me also my 2 stepdaughters anarl. Nobody can question your loyalty to your dad though, what a rock you have been for him. Hope Stewart Donald does visit him, a proud moment for all of you, which will last forever xx
Im certain they will, I love him. xx

Bloody hell, this thread has resulted in me liking a HongKongFeckinPhooey post !
Who'd have believed it ?
:):)

I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).
I’m not easily gobsmacked but I got this tweet in reply

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
This is a personal side to football I thought had gone.
I'm pleased for you Janey and your dad, after I was telling you to contact the club to see if they could help your dad. It seems as though the owners are willing to bend over backwards to help genuine fans like your own family.

I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
hope your dad will love it Janey

I'm pleased for you Janey and your dad, after I was telling you to contact the club to see if they could help your dad. It seems as though the owners are willing to bend over backwards to help genuine fans like your own family.
its things like this that matters to our safc community just as much as results on the pitch im my view.Well done to all.

Great gesture, and sounds very humble with it...

I've just seen this on Twitter, what a fantastic gesture. :)

My mum used to go to all the games but hasn't managed for the last few years due to ill health, her last game was Wembley in 2014. She was taken down by her carer and I went down with my hubby (we got tickets from his workplace 4 days before the game - she got hers as a ST holder) Out of all the seats in that stadium our tickets ended up being just rows apart and "a couple along" from each other. Which was amazing, as much as she probably wasn't fully aware why she was there (Dementia :evil:) I've got a brill pic of me and her just before KO. Anyway, I digress, and this is not about me, but having that constant there during the games good times and bad always leave a lasting memory and I'm sure you've made many many memories with your dad.

SAFC have offered me the chance to sort out getting our old seats when they replace the North Stand which we are going to make into garden seats.

I couldn't possibly imagine the previous owners etc connecting this well with the fans, I know social media gets it's fair share of slating but situations and connections like this mean so much to us fans in more ways that they could sometimes imagine.

Good luck and best wishes to your family Janey and if you ever feel you're on your own at the match, you're not... we are all right there beside you x

That's a wonderful gesture Janey,at least you're Dad knows his beloved club,have a caring chairman at the helm :cool:✌.

Back