Stewart Donald, has just offered to visit me dad at home

I’m not really one to dwell on the negative side, but whilst this is a tremendous gesture on behalf of the new hierarchy, you do realise you’ll have to get the hoover out and get some decent biscuits in for the occasion.

Liitle things like this make it all worth while. Well done the new SAFC and pass my good wishes on to your dad.

I’m not really one to dwell on the negative side, but whilst this is a tremendous gesture on behalf of the new hierarchy, you do realise you’ll have to get the hoover out and get some decent biscuits in for the occasion.

Liitle things like this make it all worth while. Well done the new SAFC and pass my good wishes on to your dad.

Yes, lovely gesture, but at the back of my mind I kept thinking Hoover, duster, best China ......

Hope you father is up to having company and enjoy the moment.

Hope you have a fantastic day, you and your dad. And get yourself to the match afterwards, your dad would love that too

Hob nobs will be provided :)

@janey it’s been awful hearing about your dad and what he’s went through but it’s lovely to hear all the positives too. Nice to hear you’re making the most of the time that’s left. Great gesture from the don and I hope it’s a lovely experience for you and your dad. All the best, enjoy!

Great gesture for your Dad bet he got great memories of the lads
would be made better
if the little general Bobby Kerr and Monty could come with him

I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).
I’m not easily gobsmacked but I got this tweet in reply

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
This is a personal side to football I thought had gone.
Saw it on twitter
Fantastic gesture
It may or may not work out with these owners but there is no doubt in my mind that they get the club

Saw it on twitter
Fantastic gesture
It may or may not work out with these owners but there is no doubt in my mind that they get the club
Absolutely

@janey it’s been awful hearing about your dad and what he’s went through but it’s lovely to hear all the positives too. Nice to hear you’re making the most of the time that’s left. Great gesture from the don and I hope it’s a lovely experience for you and your dad. All the best, enjoy!
Thank you xx

That's an amazing gesture. He comes across as a really decent fella. Really sorry to hear about your dad Janey, hope the visit makes his day.

Back