Fantastic thread this, it's brought a tear to my eye, pleased you and your family had such a special time Jane, you all deserve it, come on mods this thread is gold standard if there ever was one..
Thank you xFantastic thread this, it's brought a tear to my eye, pleased you and your family had such a special time Jane, you all deserve it, come on mods this thread is gold standard if there ever was one..
Getting a bit sickening now. Getting it golden mods before we all turn soft and southern and that
xGreat gesture that, fair play to The Don.
Since the weekend there's been a run on Lacoste polo shirts and comfy yet stylish slippers.I bet Hobnob sales are through the roof in the north east this weekend, wait till Mcvities get hold of the story !
Just read this, chuffed for you and your dad, and great that our new owners, manager and players are putting some pride back in OUR great club.So some of the things we talked about
- He couldn’t get over me dad going to his first game in 1948
- He asked me dad if there was absolutely anything he could do to help him go to the match
- He spoke to them about being teachers
- He couldn’t praise the fans highly enough, and said they just want to win games for us because we are brilliant, but in some ways that adds pressure (wasn’t complaining about that).
- He said there is so much to do. He goes in on a morning thinking he has a plan of work, but other stuff is cropping up all of the time.
- They both laughed when I said thanks for getting a goalkeeper with hands.
- We have been haemorrhaging money (no surprise there) one example he gave was that the players got three strips, a home, away and third strip every game. That’s been stopped, they are selling the shirts in the club shop the players would have got, saving £250,000.
- The strip order is stupid, there was 16,000 on order and no more can be ordered so, for example, if we got to Wembley (aye I know) they couldn’t order anymore regardless of demand.
- Any spend over £500 now has to be signed off by two people.
- Tony Coton has spoken to Niall Quinn about being involved, Niall was part of another consortium so it hasn’t happened yet, he’d like to think it will.
- Jack Ross is totally relaxed about signings, he’s been the one stressed. We did go after Billy Sharpe all summer, he was told by Sheffield Utd he wouldn’t play, so they were hopeful. Then he started playing.
- Jack Ross is more concerned about how he sets the team up than more signings.
- Oviedo and Cattermole’s wages alone are more than some League 1 teams wages in total. So that’s the biggest budget issue/debate covered.
- He didn’t criticise Cattermole one bit, but did say to give anyone a deal that long is crackers.
- He wanted another striker for this weekend, jack Ross didn’t, because he knows Sinclair and Wyke will be fit soon.
- When Juan and Jack Ross talk to each other it’s hilarious because neither understand what they are saying so they just nod their heads and smile
I’m certain we are in good hands, if for whatever reason it doesn’t work, it won’t be because of a lack of effort, commitment or determination.
- I think our theory that if we get promoted and are moving in the right direction Juan will take over is right.
- Juan is a very sexy man, well okay Stewart Donald didn’t say that but I certainly think so
What a bloody day, it was honestly like sitting chatting football with your mates it was that relaxed.
Thank you all for this thread, it’s been bloody tremendous. xx
Totally buzzing it’s been a tremendous day, the best day I’ve had since I found out about me dad’s diagnosis xx