Stewart Donald’s latest tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we dont go up this year then SD will be under huge pressure
We aren't in League One due to the fans and it's all relative, we expect to get out of this division sharpish due to our resources, just as Man Utd fans expect to be winning the league due to theirs and West Brom to get out of the Championship due to theirs. Both sacked Managers the last couple of seasons due to this not happening.
Why people think we shouldn't have expectation is beyond me. We're SAFC in the third division.
Honestly mate it makes me f***ing rage. All this 'we need to give somebody a run at it, sacking manager got us here.' If we had a good manager then fair enough or even if we were in the PL. But this is league one ffs and shouldn't stick for the sake of it.

Last edited:
We were in a right mess when Donald came in, partly through shelling out a fortune on players that didn't want to be at Sunderland, and changing managers every season. He wanted to change that culture, and everyone agreed. A year on, and loads of our fans are going mad at him, fuming that we're not spending a fortune on players that don't want to play for Sunderland, and demanding that we change our manager a year after he started.
Not sure what the answer is, but things had to change

Why do we deserve better? From reading social media a load of our fans come across as utter pricks that deserve nothing at all.
Nobody thinks we deserve better but with the size of the club and the resources we have this league should be a stroll in the park, it's league f***ing 1 ffs.

Tell ya something else aswell, all these fans saying how Donald has done brilliantly... how comes his recruitment set up is a joke then? Havent signed what we needed at all and barely any player has looked to improve us.

Hes done a good job sorting the finances out under the radar but every other aspect isnt up to par

I think most fans would agree they have cut costs, dealt with those arsehole well last year and a few other things that are down to money. Is that the only bit they are good at though?

I think it's been obvious since last season Ross was too negative as a manager, ya can't win matches if ya don't attack the oppositions goal. Do they see it, hopefully they do and if so how long do they give him? That's their big decision.

The play off final should have been the end for him really, when they scored that own goal they went to shit for about 20 minutes any manager would have his team well drilled for situations like that and to take full advantage by attacking like fuck and getting another goal or two.

Serious question

Did he ever get it right on the pitch at Eastleigh? They seemed to always spend well and have a high budget but never did anything
No. He spent £10m, which likes to tell the world and his wife, but they failed to get into the Football League. Have a look at the managers and staff he appointed. All his buddies and old boys club members.

The football department is a shambles. The manager is clueless, the head of recruitment and scouting network is outdated. The head of football operations is his favourite player from Oxford and our squad is bloated with good League One players but we have no structure or system. We are still a club without an identity or philosophy!

Stewart Donald seems to be a pretty good business man, good at pushing figures around, but he is completely clueless about football. If he cant see we are going nowhere under Ross he needs to employ a director of football to keep a (new) manager in check.

Ross seems to be answerable to no one, he is dragging the club through the worst period in our history playing football I simply cant watch.

If we dont go up this year then SD will be under huge pressure

Honestly mate it makes me f***ing rage. All this 'we need to give somebody a run at it, sacking manager got us here.' If we had a good manager then fair enough or even if we were in the PL. But this is league one ffs and shouldn't stick for the sake of it.

Moyes was here for the season, do people wish we'd stuck with him after relegation? Do they honestly think Grayson would have turned it around? Coleman was equally as bad, mind. Sacking Managers hasn't gotten us in this position, poor Managers with even poorer recruitment has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back