Stewart Donald’s latest tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this "a club like SAFC" bit. We're a 1st division team, just like any other first division team. We won a bit, before most of us were born, but we've been pretty much a yo-yo club for all of my life, (I'm 54), and now, we are what we are: a division three club.

Our grand history is just that. History. Ancient history, at that.

We're not the mags, ffs... let's stop talking as if we're entitled. Our chairman is doing a great job, given the mess he was left with. You only have to look at Bolton to see what can happen to a once great club if it isn't ran correctly.
He wasn't left a mess. He bought it.
Are things better now?

Has the change in the ticketing resulted in a better service for everyone?

How’s he doing a great job? Rather than talking the club down in a very one sided way with a irrelevant reference to Newcastle can you describe the great job without repeating what he himself says. Because that’s not always exactly how it is

Where to begin. He's balanced our books to a greater or lesser extent and stopped us shelling out ridiculous amounts of wages for players, (Cattermole aside), who couldn't give a flying fig about the club. Our monthly deficit is far less than it was when they took over.

I don't see how the Newcastle reference is irrelevant. We have a go at them for their delusions of grandeur and are sometimes almost as guilty.

As for talking the club down: I'm really not. We have a great history. One to be proud of, but who but us remembers that? How many general football fans under the age of 50 know that we were once "the team of talents" or that we have won the league six times. That's a great achievement, but let's be realistic here... How many on here were actually around in 1936, when we last won the league? You would have to be 84 to have been born and probably at least 92 to remember anything about it.

An amazing history but, as I say, it is history nonetheless and yet people on here talk about us deserving better "because we are Sunderland". Let's leave that to them up the road, man, who think that, because they have a couple of good seasons when football was reinvented in the early 90's, they're now entitled to complete with the elite when their last league win was about 92 years ago.

We have better support, (both us and them), than the football and the club deserves but I'm a realist: we don't have any god given right to deserve any better than we have at present.

Last edited:
He wasn't left a mess. He bought it.
Are things better now?

Has the change in the ticketing resulted in a better service for everyone?

He did buy a mess. It was just a bigger mess than he had anticipated, in spite of due diligence. The wage structure is certainly better now. The squad clearly isn't but will improve, I think.

The change in ticketing as been an abortion, but I don't think that's SD's fault. I think that he thought that it would make life easier and it clearly hasn't. It might do, in the long run. Who knows.

Good work behind the scenes, just hope if things don't improve over the next 3/4 games they are prepared to make the right decision and give us a chance of still getting promoted

He did buy a mess. It was just a bigger mess than he had anticipated, in spite of due diligence. The wage structure is certainly better now. The squad clearly isn't but will improve, I think.

The change in ticketing as been an abortion, but I don't think that's SD's fault. I think that he thought that it would make life easier and it clearly hasn't. It might do, in the long run. Who knows.
Oh well as long as you think it will improve. I'm convinced then, he's doing a bang up job and I see the error of my ways.

And the change in ticketing is his failure, or whoever he delegated the decision to. Cut costs I have no doubt. Priorities.

Last edited:
Yes we should have won the home game but a draw at Ipswich isn't a bad result. Beat Pompey and all will be well.
It would have been great, to start with a win against Oxford, but in reality, they posed the bigger threat in front of goal and were the better team.
They really ought to have been 3-0 up by half time.

Agree with your comment, regarding an away draw, being a good and valuable point.

Hopefully we'll beat Pompey, and things will look a lot rosier.

Still early days, and am confident we'll be where we need to be, come the end of the season.

This is why we are where we are , fans with no patience, deluded about how big we are and why we dont deserve lge1 football, complaining that league1 level players dont perform like PL. sack Ross and we are back to being the laughing stock of the last 7 yrs.

We aren't in League One due to the fans and it's all relative, we expect to get out of this division sharpish due to our resources, just as Man Utd fans expect to be winning the league due to theirs and West Brom to get out of the Championship due to theirs. Both sacked Managers the last couple of seasons due to this not happening.
Why people think we shouldn't have expectation is beyond me. We're SAFC in the third division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back