Stella down to 4.6%

Aye

It’s much nicer than a can.
The machines will set you back a couple hundred quid though. Bought it about a year ago when we first got locked down. It’s seen some action like.
I ended up buying my dad, my father in law and my brother in law one. They all love theirs

May invest in one for the summer

Aye

It’s much nicer than a can.
The machines will set you back a couple hundred quid though. Bought it about a year ago when we first got locked down. It’s seen some action like.
I ended up buying my dad, my father in law and my brother in law one. They all love theirs
Im assuming these are totally different to those 5 litre kegs you see in asda and the like which dont need a machine ? Ive had a couple of those ones from asda with real ale in, think it was hobgoblin and old speckled hen and thought they were shite, better off from a bottle.

Im assuming these are totally different to those 5 litre kegs you see in asda and the like which dont need a machine ? Ive had a couple of those ones from asda with real ale in, think it was hobgoblin and old speckled hen and thought they were shite, better off from a bottle.
Yer, this is a Philips machine. Pretty basic but it chills the kegs and tells you how much is left, but much better than them thing in supermarkets which are all just froth

You got a link to the one that you use mate?

they’re out of stock a lot of the time due to lockdown. Seems the bundles deals are in stock though. Beer hawk have the best selection of beers for them. You get £5 credit when you free post the kegs back, or you can go see Bob at Nisa in washy, he also offers £5 for keg return.

they’re out of stock a lot of the time due to lockdown. Seems the bundles deals are in stock though. Beer hawk have the best selection of beers for them. You get £5 credit when you free post the kegs back, or you can go see Bob at Nisa in washy, he also offers £5 for keg return.

Washy a bit of a mission for me imagine probably be ones closer.

If not be going and getting like 10 kegs a time :lol:

End up with a drink problem by time pubs back open.
Cheers

Rip off on there site like works out at 3 quid a pint if 30.50 for 6l

Last edited by a moderator:
Washy a bit of a mission for me imagine probably be ones closer.

If not be going and getting like 10 kegs a time :lol:

End up with a drink problem by time pubs back open.
Cheers

Rip off on there site like works out at 3 quid a pint if 30.50 for 6l
Aye it certainly isn’t the cheapest way to sup. Have factor in £5 keg return too though

Aye like 1.25 a pint of Stella from the shops in a can.

Would have to taste like a proper pub pulled pint in order to be worth it.
The beer from my sub tap tastes better than an average pub pint. Not used a perfect draft but I imagine it's the same.
You can get machines to put those 5 litre kegs in which you use co2 cannisters with. If you just pour straight from the keg they're as flat as a fart.

Last edited:
The 330ml bottles are 4.8 and they are supposedly brewed in Belgium.
Sainsburys 500ml Czech Pilsner is 5.1, brewed in the Czech republic and is not bad - certainly better than the UK phoney foreign beer.
Ill give that a look 👍 used to get perlenbacher from Lidl when it was brewed in Germany to their purity laws (like beck’s) but stopped when they started making it in France.

Back