Stella down to 4.6%

Just back from Tesco to stock up for hopefully a sunny week ahead and maybe even some visitors.

Almost had a panic attack when I couldn't find the five quid San Miguel packs but they had deviously moved it. Phew.

Also 6 bottles of wine (when it's on 25% off it's rude not to), variety of bottles of ale (mostly Adnams) and some random crafty cans for a treat.

What happened with the job?

Contractor mate was in a crash and they couldn't wait for me to recover. Said could only wait 1 week and its 2 weeks today.

Shit like so been looking about today hopefully get something in next week or so and give me another week to recover.

Contractor mate was in a crash and they couldn't wait for me to recover. Said could only wait 1 week and its 2 weeks today.

Shit like so been looking about today hopefully get something in next week or so and give me another week to recover.
What do you do?

Agree on stella going to shite on the reduction to 4.6%, really can tell the difference. Trying different lagers to see what I want to use as my go-to now. Got Holsten Pils at the moment, 5% and rather nice.

It really is a shame, used to be a good lager for what it was, basically a mass produced mainstream beer. Now it’s cheap slop.

Dutch brewed Grolsch from our local Premier was slipping down so easily last night I finished the lot. Four 500ml for £4.99. Reminded me of when it used to be my favourite lager about 15 years ago

The imported San Miguel in the 330ml cans is by far the best lager in the supermarkets. Enjoy it while it's around as these imported things don't tend to last that long.
They have had that 8 cans for £5 at tescos for ages like.

San Miguel & Heineken are pound for pound the best tasting lagers out there imo

can pick both up for about 60p a bottle on a good offer and on draught the stuff is nectar
I also find Red Stripe tasteless now btw
:-(
Agree on stella going to shite on the reduction to 4.6%, really can tell the difference. Trying different lagers to see what I want to use as my go-to now. Got Holsten Pils at the moment, 5% and rather nice.
Really decent gear given its £4 ish for 4 cans. Has some flavour at least.
Dutch brewed Grolsch from our local Premier was slipping down so easily last night I finished the lot. Four 500ml for £4.99. Reminded me of when it used to be my favourite lager about 15 years ago
Havent seen Grolsch kicking around for ages. Amazing gear.

Last edited:
They have had that 8 cans for £5 at tescos for ages like.

San Miguel & Heineken are pound for pound the best tasting lagers out there imo

can pick both up for about 60p a bottle on a good offer and on draught the stuff is nectar
I also find Red Stripe tasteless now btw
:-(

Really decent gear given its £4 ish for 4 cans. Has some flavour at least.

Havent seen Grolsch kicking around for ages. Amazing gear.
Grolsch was discontinued in the UK a couple of years ago but they have recently brought it back at 4%. It was my favourite supermarket lager before but I'll not be touching it at that abv, you can guarantee it'll be shite.

Grolsch was discontinued in the UK a couple of years ago but they have recently brought it back at 4%. It was my favourite supermarket lager before but I'll not be touching it at that abv, you can guarantee it'll be shite.
Grolsch 4%?
Fucks sake is nowt sacred? Jesus man..

came back on draught in a few places about 4 years ago (rocket fuel) but didnt last long.

Heineken and Kronenbourg are now my go to lagers....usually just get which ever has a better deal on at the time

Crying shame that Aldi has permanently ruined Krombacher too mind, used to be immense until they started brewing it in the UK last year .....tastes like slightly carbonated dishwater now.

Asda had 12 x 330ml Mahou bottles £9 a few weeks ago.

In terms of great quality rareish premium thats probably the best value you’d get atm imo.

Back