Stella down to 4.6%

Last time I had UK Stella was the final day of the season 2010/2011. The missus had gone out, and I had a 20 crate of Stella and Sky Sports News on from midday for the scores. Plan was one bottle for each position Wolves finished down the table.

Somehow stayed up by the skin of our teeth, was 16 bottles in, went and got a massive burger from Gosforth Flame, back to the flat and one more bottle to celebrate 17th place.

Had one pint of it in Leuven later that year (just because), but it tasted completely different in a good way.

Don't miss the terrible hangovers you used to get off Stella, our local at the time swapped to Warsteiner and that's much nicer.

Terrible news for fans of the Official Beer Of The SMB, the 5.4% imported San Miguel. Discontinued in Tesco (my local one in North Herts at least)

I always suspected they'd only shipped it over here while we weren't all going to Malaga and Benidorm guzzling it there

Dont touch Stella anymore for this reason. San Miguel / Estrella - 4 x 660ml for £6 in Tesco . 3x660ML of same from One Stop(Tesco local and already chilled - Jackpot !!

Terrible news for fans of the Official Beer Of The SMB, the 5.4% imported San Miguel. Discontinued in Tesco (my local one in North Herts at least)

I always suspected they'd only shipped it over here while we weren't all going to Malaga and Benidorm guzzling it there
I’ve also noticed this - it’s still on the Tesco site but greyed out as ‘unavailable’. Ill stick to asahi and mahou from asda for decent lagers over 5%. That new madri that’s popping up everywhere is canny (despite being made by coors). Not sure how strong it is (doesn’t seem that strong) but goes down canny in biddick club / dun cow where I’ve had it.

I’ve also noticed this - it’s still on the Tesco site but greyed out as ‘unavailable’. Ill stick to asahi and mahou from asda for decent lagers over 5%. That new madri that’s popping up everywhere is canny (despite being made by coors). Not sure how strong it is (doesn’t seem that strong) but goes down canny in biddick club / dun cow where I’ve had it.
They did it when Aldi were doing them so had them to price match.. was the best deal by far

Back