Stay at home Dads

I agree in principle, but you need money to feed and the support children, and if you want the best for them in the long term such as sending them to university to give them the best possible start in life, then of course money is a big factor when making decisions.
My initial point on this thread has been lost somewhat ,what I was trying to say is blokes who’s eyes light up at the thought of being a stay at home dar are bone idle .
Its a long winded way of coming out as a shit dad like. Incredible that someone would post that in this day and age.
So a mother who wants to get as far away from her baby ASAP is a shit mother using your logic .?

Last edited:
My initial point on this thread has been lost somewhat ,what I was trying to say is blokes who’s eyes light up at the thought of being a stay at home dar are bone idle .

So a mother who wants to get as far away from her baby ASAP is a shit mother using your logic .?
I disagree totally. I'm a hard worker, always have been but if my options were to carry on working hard and making my family suffer financially or let the wife work while I look after the kids and we can live financially comfortable it's a no brainer. I'm seriously starting to think you're on a wind up now.

I disagree totally. I'm a hard worker, always have been but if my options were to carry on working hard and making my family suffer financially or let the wife work while I look after the kids and we can live financially comfortable it's a no brainer. I'm seriously starting to think you're on a wind up now.

A female earned £50k buys more than a male earned £30k.

Its a long winded way of coming out as a shit dad like.

Ooof

You also said if a woman was the breadwinner you'd feel you were a failure.

Then later in the thread you said your wife earned more than you.

Tough one to take.

Only a selfish person would think otherwise.

Last edited:
Any on here done that and shipped the missus back to work instead? Lad at work is planning it once his little un lands. Be class that like, jammy bastard.
Not full time but when the eldest was born the missus was working part time and earning as much as me working full time so i arranged with my work that i went part time and the missus carried on working her job. It made economic sense. I was lucky that my employer allowed job share so they advertised and filled the other half of the job i was doing. They also agreed that when i wanted to go back full time i could. That was in the early 90's when there were still decent employers around.
I loved it and formed a very strong bond with both my bairns, i wouldn't have changed that time for anything.
It would be a piece of piss but all your mates are at graft so it would be dull as fuck eventually.
Being with your children as they are growing up would be dull as fuck ? Seriously ?
This is the thing. I'm sure I'd manage taking Mini-K to groups and stuff, but I can't see there being many other Dads there to have a bit craic with. Not that I'd ignore the Mams like, but I imagine conversation may run dry pretty quickly.
I was doing it in the 90's. Believe it or not but the mams had plenty of craic and it was refreshingly non macho craic.

Last edited:
Ooof

You also said if a woman was the breadwinner you'd feel you were a failure.

Then later in the thread you said your wife earned more than you.

Tough one to take.

Only a selfish person would think otherwise.
My wife did earn more then me last year ,twist in the tale is she works for me though .Thats how much I value her input into the business by putting her on a decent wage ..I also transfer my wages every week into her account to cover the bills etc ,as a man should .
I'm on no wind up mate ,it's a blokes responsibility to look after his family financially and make sure his family is looked after .To think another man doesn't see the world like that is a worry .

Last edited:
My wife did earn more then me last year ,twist in the tale is she works for me though .Thats how much I value her input into the business by putting her on a decent wage ..I also transfer my wages every week into her account to cover the bills etc ,as a man should .

I'm on no wind up mate ,it's a blokes responsibility to look after his family financially and make sure his family is looked after .To think another man doesn't see the world like that is a worry .

You said in post 221 on the thread your lass told you she earned 30k more than you last year and now you say she works for you. Did you not realise how much you paid her? It's all seems a bit confusing

If she works for you how come you didn't know how much she earned until you asked her?

I just pay all the bills and that myself rather than put it into her account cos I'm even more of a proper gadgie :cool:
You said in post 221 on the thread your lass told you she earned 30k more than you last year and now you say she works for you. Did you not realise how much you paid her? It's all seems a bit made up

This.

Last edited:
Aye - turning all your money over to your bewer to pay the pills seems weak as piss to me like.

“... as you should do ...”

Says who like?

Is there no room in your world for people to sort their finances in a manner different to the way you do it like?

Me and our lass have always had our dish in separate accounts and while it may not work for other people, it works for us.

This thread is riddled with people spouting shite along the lines of the way they sort their childcare and finances is the ONLY way it should be done and anyone doing these things differently is wrong. It seems beyond the ability of some people to have room for differing opinions.

Sounds like he does as he's told.
Well she makes more money than he does - I reckon she wears the trousers in that house. Probably gives him pocket money to allow him out for a few pints once a month with his mates but he has to be home before 11 coz he’s up early in the morning to bath the bairns and do the school run.

But he doesn’t wear a wedding ring coz he’s git hard and that.

Last edited:
Well she makes more money than he does - I reckon she wears the trousers in that house. Probably gives him pocket money to allow him out for a few pints once a month with his mates but he has to be home before 11 coz he’s up early in the morning to bath the bairns and do the school run.

But he doesn’t wear a wedding ring coz he’s git hard and that.

He did say he doesn't think blokes should go out for a few pints, and that instead they should be going home to their family. Its starting to add up now, he's being absolutely whipped and putting a brave face on it. And all these "mates" in unhappy marriages.... Ffs, why didn't we recognise the signs!? :(

Last edited:
You said in post 221 on the thread your lass told you she earned 30k more than you last year and now you say she works for you. Did you not realise how much you paid her? It's all seems a bit confusing
I knew she earned a few quid but wasn’t 100% on how much it was .She looks after the lads wages/vat /our tax returns etc etc .I have absolutely nothing to do with that side of our businesses mate .
If she works for you how come you didn't know how much she earned until you asked her?

I just pay all the bills and that myself rather than put it into her account cos I'm even more of a proper gadgie :cool:

This.
See my reply to Bert che

Last edited:

Back