Stay at home Dads

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admit their are a lot of households where the lad does what he's told (not saying items right the other way round either but surely a relationship is about compromise)? I hear lads at work say things when it comes to a lads weekend it an away gave "ill not be allowed" whereas their lass appears to do what she wants. Not the life I'd want but some lads seem happy to have their balls in her handbag if it keeps the peace

Most of the lads I grew up with are like that. I went to Spain for a weekend with the lads for my birthday a couple of years ago. Quite a few of the people I asked couldn't go. Two told me straight out that they wouldn't be allowed, so wouldn't even ask. Others said that they couldn't afford it, even though they were asked nearly a year prior to the trip. It used to wind me up, that they couldn't just do what they want. It still does sometimes. I simply can't understand how people let themselves get into such situations. As dangermows says, they've no-one to blame but themselves.

Most of the lads I grew up with are like that. I went to Spain for a weekend with the lads for my birthday a couple of years ago. Quite a few of the people I asked couldn't go. Two told me straight out that they wouldn't be allowed, so wouldn't even ask. Others said that they couldn't afford it, even though they were asked nearly a year prior to the trip. It used to wind me up, that they couldn't just do what they want. It still does sometimes. I simply can't understand how people let themselves get into such situations. As dangermows says, they've no-one to blame but themselves.
A lot of people hide behind their foot irons aswell mind .”our lass isn’t happy with that etc etc “ general translates into “I don’t like it but I’m frightened what you think of me “
You have to admit their are a lot of households where the lad does what he's told (not saying items right the other way round either but surely a relationship is about compromise)? I hear lads at work say things when it comes to a lads weekend it an away gave "ill not be allowed" whereas their lass appears to do what she wants. Not the life I'd want but some lads seem happy to have their balls in her handbag if it keeps the peace
Women who are genuinely bullies like that deserve a crack .

Last edited:
Your a fool

Pity him.
A lot of people hide behind their foot irons aswell mind .”our lass isn’t happy with that etc etc “ general translates into “I don’t like it but I’m frightened what you think of me “

Women who are genuinely bullies like that deserve a crack .

You're an enigma Gilly lad. A traditional bloke who thinks men should work, women should stay at home with bairns, but then a traditional man would say a man should never hit a woman.

Last edited:
Pity him.

You're an enigma Gilly lad. A traditional bloke who thinks men should work, women should stay at home with bairns, but then a traditional man would say a man should never hit a woman.
I think blokes should work ,a mother should be at home for the first 6 month or so with the bairn then back to work part time.

Bloke should never hit a woman I agree but some women and men do want and need a slap for bullying their partner .There was a thread on here the other week about how unhappy people are in their marriages ,terrible .

I have a mate who spills his heart out every time he sees me about how he wished he had a marriage like mine and how he just feels like the sperm donor in his marriage .Thats terrible ..

I think blokes should work ,a mother should be at home for the first 6 month or so with the bairn then back to work part time.

Bloke should never hit a woman I agree but some women and men do want and need a slap for bullying their partner .There was a thread on here the other week about how unhappy people are in their marriages ,terrible .

I have a mate who spills his heart out every time he sees me about how he wished he had a marriage like mine and how he just feels like the sperm donor in his marriage .Thats terrible ..

You seem to know loads of people with really shite lives and who wish they were you marra. Must be draining.

We have already established it's a bit silly thinking the woman should go part time if she earns loads more than than the bloke so we will leave that one.

I wouldn't have had children if I couldn't have stayed at home with them.

Saying that , I'm glad today that it can be the mother who earns more and the dad could be the stay at home dad.

Dads should be allowed to stay at home. I would have loved to have had such a long holiday when we had ours ;)

You seem to know loads of people with really shite lives and who wish they were you marra. Must be draining.

We have already established it's a bit silly thinking the woman should go part time if she earns loads more than than the bloke so we will leave that one.

I know plenty of people with unhappy marriages yes .

It’s not a money decision imo and if it becomes that then I personally think the couple need to re-think .
A new born bairn needs its mother ,it’s not a fashion accessory like a pug or summit Mother Nature needs to run its course .

Tbf there's a few on here who seem to ve henpecked. Changing times tho

Can you provide a link to that? I'm hungover & could do with cheering up.

:lol:

f***ing hell ,people go on as though having kids is a full time job .When they are at school both parents should be out at graft all day ,woman possibly part time so she can do the housework etc for the other 2 days.

It doesn’t take someone to be not working like just cos you’ve had a f***ing bairn .
My mother had seven kids and worked full time for over forty years, never moaned once, she loved it.

I know plenty of people with unhappy marriages yes .

It’s not a money decision imo and if it becomes that then I personally think the couple need to re-think .
A new born bairn needs its mother ,it’s not a fashion accessory like a pug or summit Mother Nature needs to run its course .

You keep saying a new born needs it's mam as if anyone is disagreeing marra. We are talking about after she's had her year off. You seem to be someone who goes on about providing a good life for a bairn, citing a nice home, holidays etc. If a woman earns lots more then having her back at work ensures those things.
Tbf there's a few on here who seem to ve henpecked. Changing times tho

Id not disagree. However, as others have said, that's the bloke who Jr's fault allowing it to happen. Doesn't detract from the main topic though.
Can't believe this thread is still going and nearly 20 pages long!

It's black and white, whatever suits the family best and their personal circumstances is the simple straightfoward answer.

That may be the man it may be the woman.

Logic like this appears to baffle some.

Last edited:
You keep saying a new born needs it's mam as if anyone is disagreeing marra. We are talking about after she's had her year off. You seem to be someone who goes on about providing a good life for a bairn, citing a nice home, holidays etc. If a woman earns lots more then having her back at work ensures those things.

Id not disagree. However, as others have said, that's the bloke who Jr's fault allowing it to happen. Doesn't detract from the main topic though.
I do see your point but don’t agree with it .Money shouldn’t be the driving force In the home ,yes it’s very important but I think a mother and her kids are more .

There will be lots of people who look like they are from Northern Europe at the match .

The UK?
I do see your point but don’t agree with it .Money shouldn’t be the driving force In the home ,yes it’s very important but I think a mother and her kids are more .

Okay then. What if the mam is one of these mothers that aren't very maternal (it does happen) and she's also the higher earner. Can the bloke drop his hours instead then or is that still not allowed?

Edit. Reet, out on the drink for the match. She's looking after the little un, like the good wife should. Enjoy the sunshine marra.

Last edited:

I agree in principle, but you need money to feed and the support children, and if you want the best for them in the long term such as sending them to university to give them the best possible start in life, then of course money is a big factor when making decisions.

think blokes should work ,a mother should be at home for the first 6 month or so with the bairn then back to work part time
Do you turn the colour right down on your telly too?
Edit. Reet, out on the drink for the match. She's looking after the little un, like the good wife should. Enjoy the sunshine marra.

Same here, except the poor lass is lumbered with all 3. Oh well I'm traditional when it matters.

Last edited:
Women are maternal. Babies are nurtured by the female.
Women are basically well equipped to nurture and the men are well equipped to provide and to provide security for both.
It's a massive compliment to women that they are capable and willing to be mothers. It's one tough job for a man to nurture but a less tough job for the man to instill order and respect as the bairn gets older.
It's a perfect system in it's own ways.

There was rarely an issue just a few decades ago. Women loved and accepted it all in the main. Were happy for the men to be bread winners whilst they stayed home to look after the kids and home.

I might come across as all kinds of bad things saying what I'm saying but nature is nature.
Because we've decided to mess with it and alter everything going, it doesn't detract from how I saw it in my upbringing or my own marriage and kids.

I still helped out and done my share of stuff but the mothering was not natural to me. Fathering was.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back