Stay at home Dads

So has it never come up over the tea table or in pillow talk how much wages your lass gets for working for your business? I'm finding it all bizarre as fuck tbh. I very much doubt theres anyone else on this board who doesn't know how much there other half earns and the fact it's a family business makes it even more bizarre
Both directors of the same company and both have our own separate businesses (in name only ).Its not as black and white as working for someone else and knowing what’s coming in every week .

We and especially me don’t know what we have earned (on paper ) until the financial year is up .Even then if I’m honest I couldn’t give a fuck and leave it to her and the accountant to sort it out .Whatever is earned goes in the same pot eventually .

Last edited:

Got to say gilly that despite your best efforts to portray yourself as some kind of old school old fashioned gadgy who complies with an archaic lifestyle in which you go out to ‘graft’ and bring home the bacon while your bewer does the bait, housework and child care, it more and more looks like you’re really just a completely pussy whipped milquetoast who meekly goes to work and hands over all your hard earned to your missus who clearly wears the strides and runs the entire household, doling out pocket money to you and running the entire show as far as how frequently you’re allowed out and for how long. She’s even managed to brain wash you Into believing that you shouldn’t be going out for a pint with your mates (which is at odds with your 1950s lifestyle outlined above) and seems to have got you to wear a wedding ring too.

Now put that video game down you need to cut the grass then wash her car, sweep the yard, fix the back fence and do the ironing then take her to her nail appointment and wait for her outside.

Got to say gilly that despite your best efforts to portray yourself as some kind of old school old fashioned gadgy who complies with an archaic lifestyle in which you go out to ‘graft’ and bring home the bacon while your bewer does the bait, housework and child care, it more and more looks like you’re really just a completely pussy whipped milquetoast who meekly goes to work and hands over all your hard earned to your missus who clearly wears the strides and runs the entire household, doling out pocket money to you and running the entire show as far as how frequently you’re allowed out and for how long. She’s even managed to brain wash you Into believing that you shouldn’t be going out for a pint with your mates (which is at odds with your 1950s lifestyle outlined above) and seems to have got you to wear a wedding ring too.

Now put that video game down you need to cut the grass then wash her car, sweep the yard, fix the back fence and do the ironing then take her to her nail appointment and wait for her outside.
f***ing hell ,I’ve really got under your skin.

My wife did earn more then me last year ,twist in the tale is she works for me though .Thats how much I value her input into the business by putting her on a decent wage ..I also transfer my wages every week into her account to cover the bills etc ,as a man should .

I'm on no wind up mate ,it's a blokes responsibility to look after his family financially and make sure his family is looked after .To think another man doesn't see the world like that is a worry .

I'm intrigued at this Gilly. You say here you put her on a decent wage but also claim you have no idea how much she earns later or earlier in thread iirc

You’ve bit at me having a bit of a piss take man. Clearly incapable of seeing that. Crack a smile man you set yourself up. What did you expect?
I apologise mate ,just scanned your post and though it was gospel .Out having a drinky -poos atm didn’t read it properly .
I'm intrigued at this Gilly. You say here you put her on a decent wage but also claim you have no idea how much she earns later or earlier in thread iirc

It’s complicated mate ,to the point I can’t say to much .

Last edited:
I apologise mate ,just scanned your post and though it was gospel .Out having a drinky -poos atm didn’t read it properly .

So the missus let you out? I though that wasn’t your thing?

Or are you the designated driver sat in the car park with a bottle of pop and a bag of salt and vinegar waiting for her while she’s in the wine bar with all her mates having a good vent about how crap all their fellas are and who’s gonna win Strictly?

Back