Static Caravans

• Thread starter Deleted member 30053
  • Start date
The mother in law has one at Wooler, it's a very nice caravan in the new part of the site so mixed with newer, private owned vans and lodges. The site itself is very nice and Wooler is lovely. She has the kids up there and they really love it, we go up occasionally and it's great. Would I have one? Not unless I was very very rich. Fees are approx £3k a year which is less than some sites she looked at and they make you use their own people to construct decking, which was around £4k. She paid over £30k a few years ago and was offered £12k this year. The idea of them is nice but the reality is something different.

The mother in law has one at Wooler, it's a very nice caravan in the new part of the site so mixed with newer, private owned vans and lodges. The site itself is very nice and Wooler is lovely. She has the kids up there and they really love it, we go up occasionally and it's great. Would I have one? Not unless I was very very rich. Fees are approx £3k a year which is less than some sites she looked at and they make you use their own people to construct decking, which was around £4k. She paid over £30k a few years ago and was offered £12k this year. The idea of them is nice but the reality is something different.
This is the reality.

I was there for a car show last year. Whats the crack with that protester who camps out on the verge by the entry?

Is he still there? Hes been doing that for years!

From what I was told (which could be a load of shite) he lost his mam and dad, and they'd just signed and paid for a new lease on a caravan.
The site owners refused a refund, and refused to let him inherit the lease either. They then let out their caravan to someone else.

Hes always there for the Stormin The Castle bike rally every year

Crazy the amount of money they cost if you ask me. If touring isn't your thing, which I do understand, get a tourer and site it for the summer and store it over winter. Much cheaper and you can move it around so you are not stuck in the same place year after year. Sure it won't be as big and it's a chemical toilet rather than proper flushing, but you can get them with fixed beds, decent showers, and big fridges.
Aye I've a nice Swift with fixed bunks for the kids. Good size bathroom. On a seasonal site with an awning up all summer. Lovely spot on a pond and the kids can just play around all day. Loads of space. Flying about on bikes. Has a great pub on site too with a beer garden.
And if I get bored of it I can up and move to another one next year.

The new 8 foot wide vans are tremendous for it.

My parents had one in Thirsk (Sowerby), use to love going up there when back from overseas, liked it better than been in the house in Bradford (Obviously). I like the area and people round there, and with it connection for the train (For my lads to use when at Uni), I bought an house there, just by the race course.

My parents didn't really tell me at first, but they flogged the static and moved into my place, was a bit taken aback, but their main reason with now being pensioners, that the costs for the fees etc had an impact on their finances, whereas my place is free haha.

Doubt I'd ever go that far. But we are away all next week off grid. Fridge/hot water run on the gas, lights and tv run on 12v topped up by a solar panel and if I need anymore power I have a 3kw generator. TV has smart apps so has netflix which links to our MiFi with has three go binge for an unlimited amount of netflix streaming. No matter which way we look we have lovely scenery.

Unless you look at your TV with netflix on.

Some 80k stunners on the clifftops now. Lovely pool n that but seems a lot of ‘travelling’ types. Saying that we have family that had one n prefered it to home on a weekend.
I've had friends stay there and they've said it was absolutely disgusting some of the sights there. All the birds getting fully dolled up to get tanked in the club while little Chardonnay and Kaiden run riot. Then staggering out pissed up and fighting.

Back