Star Trek : Discovery

Best so far, found myself laughing more at that episode than all the ones before it. Class when they're glaring at each other over every little mistake :D

Also reckon Seth Macfarlane is channeling Mayor Adam West when he's doing the Captain bit
Is that the one called "krill"
Watched it but was bit pissed so can't remember much about it..may rewatch

That would be the Ceti Eels of Ceti Alpha V. Very similar to Centauran Slugs like the one Capt. Pike copped in ST 2009 ("don't tell 'em Pike!"). Slightly similar to the mind control spinal coord scorpions of the TNG episode "Conspiracy".

I can nerd it with the best of them.
:lol: That was a fast 30 second post just before taking the little one into school. Remembered it was 5 and the autocorrect was meringue and I just knew someone would correct that! They could always steal the awesome plotline from BSG by having the Klingons create their own version of a Boomer model Cylon!

Best so far, found myself laughing more at that episode than all the ones before it. Class when they're glaring at each other over every little mistake :D

Also reckon Seth Macfarlane is channeling Mayor Adam West when he's doing the Captain bit
No spoilers for 6 I've only managed 10 minutes of it so far! I've laughed a lot throughout the previous 5, the Kardashian video in particular!

Last edited:
:lol: That was a fast 30 second post just before taking the little one into school. Remembered it was 5 and the autocorrect was meringue and I just knew someone would correct that! They could always steal the awesome plotline from BSG by having the Klingons create their own version of a Boomer model Cylon
:lol: Nice to see you back Gav®!

An Epstein type drive is very achievable by humanity in the future though. I'm looking forward to devouring the next book later this year
It's "just" a fusion drive. As he said it's very doable in the near future, far, far, far easier (but far far far shitter) than a warp drive.

I recommend this series of videos. Of which covers fusion, fission and multiple other typed of power for propulstion.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g

It's "just" a fusion drive. As he said it's very doable in the near future, far, far, far easier (but far far far shitter) than a warp drive.

I recommend this series of videos. Of which covers fusion, fission and multiple other typed of power for propulstion.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g

I’ll take a look. Though since I’ve had my sabbatical from the SMB for pretty much five years I’ve got back into physics learnt calculus and an online course in nuclear physics. Humanity needs nuclear power not only to survive but to also explore our solar system. The expanse is the first series of books and shows too that’s truly believable in terms of us actually doing it in the next millennia. A warp drive as in a kind of Einstein Rosen bridge is also theoretical but that’s pretty much only applies to what Kip Thorne advised Nolan making interstellar. Not a spacecraft warping or jumping with an FTL drive, like trek, battlestar, stargate etc but a wormhole instead more common with the prophets one in ds9 connecting the alpha and gamma quadrants.

If you haven’t read the expanse books I would if I were you, save waiting for 2 more seasons to the expanse to air.

Physics nerd alert :D

Last edited:
Have a strong suspicion that he may be a klingon/human augment, used to spy on Starfleet.

So the latest online theory is

Ash Tyler is actually Voq - who was told he would have to give up everything in order to win. And does seem plausible since he was left stranded on the Shenzhou so had time to establish a decent cover story using the ship’s database.

So the latest online theory is

Ash Tyler is actually Voq - who was told he would have to give up everything in order to win. And does seem plausible since he was left stranded on the Shenzhou so had time to establish a decent cover story using the ship’s database.

Could be some merit in that going off this theory on Total Film website...

"
Now let’s look at Voq. He’s played by an actor listed as Javid Iqbal, and according to IMDB this is his only role in TV or movies. His profile doesn’t even list an actor headshot, but a picture of Voq in all his Klingon glory. How strange. Iqbal could easily be publicity shy, or looking to spoil another twist later in the show, but his profile is very unusual.

This has lead some to speculate that Latif is actually playing Voq, and that Javid Iqbal is just a fake name used by the showrunners to cover up the real identity of the actor portraying Voq. So, why do many think Latif is the one assuming this role? Beyond the fact he was originally slated to play a Klingon?
"

"
Now let’s look at Voq. He’s played by an actor listed as Javid Iqbal, and according to IMDB this is his only role in TV or movies. His profile doesn’t even list an actor headshot, but a picture of Voq in all his Klingon glory. How strange. Iqbal could easily be publicity shy, or looking to spoil another twist later in the show, but his profile is very unusual.

This has lead some to speculate that Latif is actually playing Voq, and that Javid Iqbal is just a fake name used by the showrunners to cover up the real identity of the actor portraying Voq. So, why do many think Latif is the one assuming this role? Beyond the fact he was originally slated to play a Klingon?
"
That all looks like a smoking phaser to me :D

"

"
That name is also extremely close to one of the most notorious serial killers of all time, who was sentenced to be strangled with a chain and cut up into 100 pieces. :eek:

knew there was something missing! The irritating little shit character...

TNG - Wesley Crusher
DS9 - Jake Sisko/Nog
VOy - Kes/Icheb
ENT - Malcolm Reed

I’m not sure about Saru he’s just too weak as a character, has no impact in anything so far.
Neelix last seen going back to his roots as a Ferengi in Enterprise.
The actor who plays Neelix was a Ferengi in DS9 before being promoted to a Talaxian. I'm currently watching Enterprise from the first episode and he's one of the first Ferengi encountered by humans.

Back