Star Trek : Discovery

Would have preferred a all in one go release, wasn't calling the Monday thing a stupid idea
But Sunday 8:30 pm in New York is 1:30 am Monday morning in the UK. Isn't it released at 2:30 am or something? Which is only fair, CBS has to have finished broadcasting it before it's available for download or nobody with an internet connection would sit through their adverts.

But Sunday 8:30 pm in New York is 1:30 am Monday morning in the UK. Isn't it released at 2:30 am or something? Which is only fair, CBS has to have finished broadcasting it before it's available for download or nobody with an internet connection would sit through their adverts.
I think it’s something like 8am UK time that it appears on Netflix?

You ain't getting what I'm saying so at this point im not going to continue and abandoning the thread

You ain't getting what I'm saying so at this point im not going to continue and abandoning the thread
Well if you mean that you'd prefer for it to be released all in one go as a 'box set', then of course CBS can't do that unless it held off releasing it until the end of the season.

Neelix last seen going back to his roots as a Ferengi in Enterprise.
The actor who plays Neelix was a Ferengi in DS9 before being promoted to a Talaxian. I'm currently watching Enterprise from the first episode and he's one of the first Ferengi encountered by humans.
I've gone to season 4 of Voyager and have grown heartily sick of him. He's utterly pointless.

Why do they need a chef with replicators around? Why has nobody told him to sort out his hair?

He's lucky Janeway is Captain as I'd have shot him out of a torpedo tube long ago and brought in another bit of borg totty

I've gone to season 4 of Voyager and have grown heartily sick of him. He's utterly pointless.

Why do they need a chef with replicators around? Why has nobody told him to sort out his hair?

He's lucky Janeway is Captain as I'd have shot him out of a torpedo tube long ago and brought in another bit of borg totty
Can't disagree with any of that. As I said earlier in the thread he was a character who spoiled Voyager for me and what would a young lass like Kes see in him. It was daft she'd have been banging one of the young bridge officers not some ugly tw@ in a terrible suit.:lol:
I also wondered about the chef and replicators thing as well.

Apparenlt the Galley/Kitchen thing was there to conserve power on replicators to save power system wide or something, but they always used the replicators regardless!

You'd have a gan on Lwaxana Troi you man!
Seems experienced, I'd give it a go.

So what's everyone's theory behind the Lt. Stamets mirror scene at the very end?
I think his consciousness is free to roam the spore network independent of his physical body. Showing that the mind can indeed exist outside of the brain and that our reality is not what it seems @ProfessionalMackem
Cool theory.

It's Star Trek so I'm going to play the odds and say some bullshit to do with time distortions.

Apparenlt the Galley/Kitchen thing was there to conserve power on replicators to save power system wide or something, but they always used the replicators regardless!
They replicator rations. They had limited access to it.

I thought Tom Paris's ration lottery was a canny idea.

Last edited:
So what's everyone's theory behind the Lt. Stamets mirror scene at the very end?
I think his consciousness is free to roam the spore network independent of his physical body. Showing that the mind can indeed exist outside of the brain and that our reality is not what it seems @ProfessionalMackem
He’s opened up a link to the Mirror Universe is my guess, both figuratively and literally!
Or he’s turning into The Traveller from TNG.

Last edited:
Seems experienced, I'd give it a go.

Cool theory.

It's Star Trek so I'm going to play the odds and say some bullshit to do with time distortions.
Well space and time are connected. Wormholes for example can just as easily connect points in time as in space. There's huge time dilation effects near black holes. So it's perfectly. Time effects have even been observed in satellites due to thier velocities and directly measured. It's "just" general / special relativity. So it's feasible that the spore network also travels through time (but we've seen no evidence of that yet?) . Such an OP travel mechanism has to have a major problem however, beyond Mr Blobby turning into a desecrated raisin.

He’s opened up a link to the Mirror Universe is my guess, both figuratively and literally!
Yeah I was thinking that too.. But it seemed *too* obvious? Frakes did say there was a mirror universe episode coming up like, so you're prolly right.

Well space and time are connected. Wormholes for example can just as easily connect points in time as in space. There's huge time dilation effects near black holes. So it's perfectly. Time effects have even been observed in satellites due to thier velocities and directly measured. It's "just" general / special relativity. So it's feasible that the spore network also travels through time (but we've seen no evidence of that yet?) . Such an OP travel mechanism has to have a major problem however, beyond Mr Blobby turning into a desecrated raisin.

Yeah I was thinking that too.. But it seemed *too* obvious? Frakes did say there was a mirror universe episode coming up like, so you're prolly right.
I’ve just done an edit with my second theory, I think that one is wide of the mark mind!

It's a good shout.

I'm just calling it bullshit because both voyager and Enterprise used it a bit too often.

The drive is cool, they need to find a reason to get shot of it though.

Back