Star Trek : Discovery

That was the best episode so far IMHO

I'm very happy about a new ST series. That's enough.The exploitation of A N Other was dealt with nicely, as they live in the future and not now. where they would still willingly do that. Other than that, yes it's a bit naff but what do you expect?

Firefly is the only sci-fy show I know of that was simply, incredibly good.
That was overrated hipster shite for people who wanted to pretend to be sci-fi fans

Last edited:
Interesting episode. Mudd is one to watch I think, I would definitely be watching my back if in the same room.

Also the thing with the mirror? Hmmm I have an idea about that!

Interesting episode. Mudd is one to watch I think, I would definitely be watching my back if in the same room.

Also the thing with the mirror? Hmmm I have an idea about that!
I agree best one yet. Lorca’s backstory, Mudd and the mirror all started to set things up nicely. The mirror may fit in with Frakes recent comments about upcoming episodes, you can understand Lorca’s motivations better and this Mudd seems to be less of the Jack Sparrow type in this.
I’m not sure about Lorca’s new best bud either. There’s more to him than meets the eye.

I agree best one yet. Lorca’s backstory, Mudd and the mirror all started to set things up nicely. The mirror may fit in with Frakes recent comments about upcoming episodes, you can understand Lorca’s motivations better and this Mudd seems to be less of the Jack Sparrow type in this.
I’m not sure about Lorca’s new best bud either. There’s more to him than meets the eye.

Have a strong suspicion that he may be a klingon/human augment, used to spy on Starfleet.

Well a) other than the Epstein drive or whatever it is they use to drive their craft.
b) if you haven't read the books then I won't spoil it but wait, just wait, until 'the ring' turns up.
An Epstein type drive is very achievable by humanity in the future though. I'm looking forward to devouring the next book later this year

It is? How does it work, like?
They've been a bit sketchy on the physics deliberately of course but the books suggest mostly one of these theoretical types:

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/enginelist.php#epstein

The magnetic bottle has also been written about in the books also which is another design.

No magic Dilithium crystals required, just Helium-3 and Deuterium. Humanity has to create these kind of power sources in the future for baseload energy else we're all fucked combusting a million times more inefficient carbon never mind just for space exploration, and a compact fusion drive will get us round the solar system easily. Outside the solar system, well that's beyond our capabilities for the foreseeable future it's so fecking vast!

I predict that Saru and Tilly will have a baby called Neelix.

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to them two though. They both irritate the crap out of me.

I predict that Saru and Tilly will have a baby called Neelix.

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to them two though. They both irritate the crap out of me.

knew there was something missing! The irritating little shit character...

TNG - Wesley Crusher
DS9 - Jake Sisko/Nog
VOy - Kes/Icheb
ENT - Malcolm Reed

I’m not sure about Saru he’s just too weak as a character, has no impact in anything so far.

Could have had one of those wrath of khan kinda of weevils in his ear from seti alpha 6
That would be the Ceti Eels of Ceti Alpha V. Very similar to Centauran Slugs like the one Capt. Pike copped in ST 2009 ("don't tell 'em Pike!"). Slightly similar to the mind control spinal coord scorpions of the TNG episode "Conspiracy".

I can nerd it with the best of them.

Back