Star Trek : Discovery

At the moment I'm looking forward to it each week more than Discovery.
I like them both, discovery is a decent reboot and despite the critics in the states slating the Orville the viewing figures on Fox so far are good means its got a chance for another season.

Discovery is not remotely in the same league as Battlestar was and the Expanse which is head and shoulders the best scifi there is on telly. The Expanse books are 4 seasons ahead and even better than the show excellent with some great entertainment to come. Brings the books to visual life. Unlike GRR Martin they are writing a book a year instead of faffing about!

I like them both, discovery is a decent reboot and despite the critics in the states slating the Orville the viewing figures on Fox so far are good means its got a chance for another season.

Discovery is not remotely in the same league as Battlestar was and the Expanse which is head and shoulders the best scifi there is on telly. The Expanse books are 4 seasons ahead and even better than the show excellent with some great entertainment to come. Brings the books to visual life. Unlike GRR Martin they are writing a book a year instead of faffing about!
Really enjoyed this, gutted when Miller got the chop.

Really enjoyed this, gutted when Miller got the chop.
It's real scifi based on what we know or could possibly do with no warp drive fantasy. Read the books to numb that Miller feeling, plus in book 2 that little old UN lady Avarasala is far more foul mouthed than they could ever broadcast on TV. As enjoyable a character to read as Tyrion is in GoT.

It's real scifi based on what we know or could possibly do with no warp drive fantasy. Read the books to numb that Miller feeling, plus in book 2 that little old UN lady Avarasala is far more foul mouthed than they could ever broadcast on TV. As enjoyable a character to read as Tyrion is in GoT.
She's already got a potty mouth as it is!

Would have made a much better Captain of USS Shenzou :lol:

NEE GOOD LIKE?

No it was good. The best yet, if you can ignore the tardigrade drive idea getting even sillier, and (if you're a Kelvin hater) actual stuff happening.

Today we have:

1) Some of Lorca's backstory
2) two uses of "fuck"
3) a guest celebrity, with his little friend Stuart the Space Cockroach (and I'm not even joking)
4) a new crew addition
5) much better use of the Klingons
6) two puffs outed in a gay bedroom scene at the end ;)

Plus a couple of lovely external shots of the Discovery.

Haven't used the spoiler thingmy as that's more a taster than a spoiler.

No it was good. The best yet, if you can ignore the tardigrade drive idea getting even sillier, and (if you're a Kelvin hater) actual stuff happening.

Today we have:

1) Some of Lorca's backstory
2) two uses of "fuck"
3) a guest celebrity, with his little friend Stuart the Space Cockroach (and I'm not even joking)
4) a new crew addition
5) much better use of the Klingons
6) two puffs outed in a gay bedroom scene at the end ;)

Plus a couple of lovely external shots of the Discovery.

Haven't used the spoiler thingmy as that's more a taster than a spoiler.
Ha ha someone's gonna get telt off!

I'm just whipping up a frenzy man. Everyone'll be rushing home to get it watched (well apart from those of us who take the piss out of our employers by watching it at work ;) ).
Good synopsis

Saru pointed out that tardigrades are very hard to damage but that got ignored in the stampede to make it into Free Willy

Talking of Willies, I thought Stamets was BCs with his opposite number on the Glenn, there was some hardcore flirting between those two

The bit with the mirror... Here comes the Sciencey bit... Quantum entanglement problem?

Good episode.

IM NOT LOOKING, IM NOT LOOKING, IM NOT LOOKING :lol:

:lol:

Good synopsis

Saru pointed out that tardigrades are very hard to damage but that got ignored in the stampede to make it into Free Willy

Talking of Willies, I thought Stamets was BCs with his opposite number on the Glenn, there was some hardcore flirting between those two

The bit with the mirror... Here comes the Sciencey bit... Quantum entanglement problem?

Good episode.

Saru's starting to get on my tits tbh. Someone mentioned he looks like a leper and now I keep expecting bits of him to fall off. With that and the annoying forehead nipple woman, it's hard to relax.

Last edited:
I'm very happy about a new ST series. That's enough.The exploitation of A N Other was dealt with nicely, as they live in the future and not now. where they would still willingly do that. Other than that, yes it's a bit naff but what do you expect?

Firefly is the only sci-fy show I know of that was simply, incredibly good.

Well a) other than the Epstein drive or whatever it is they use to drive their craft.
b) if you haven't read the books then I won't spoil it but wait, just wait, until 'the ring' turns up.

Back