Star Trek : Discovery

I nearly put my foot through the telly several times.

Mass murderer decides mass murdering might be a bad thing - gets second chance. The Guardian is now judge jury and executioner?

The Mandalorian uses old stuff in new ways while respecting the previous. Kurtzman and co have only a shallow knowledge of anything they use so blow canon apart every time.

At least that's the last we'll see of panto villian Georgiou.

I actually liked Georgiou, sure she could be over the top, but wasn’t as bad as some.

I actually liked Georgiou, sure she could be over the top, but wasn’t as bad as some.

They've knackered the MU as well. Spock was supposedly the first to consider change. Of course they have to shoehorn the unknown sister in as the catalyst now.

Im starting to actively hate the show now tbh.

Must have been the most blatant setup for a spin-off TV series ever. The Guardian may have well had a sign above it saying "Spin-off this way!

The episode was better than I was expecting but I'm pleased to (hopefully) see the end of the Mirror Universe.

I wonder
georgiou will end up, bearing in mind there's still supposed to be a spin off. The guardian says they're sending her to a time where the universes diverge!? What, neanderthal times????
Surely its back to the time disco left
Lots of references to Ancient Rome, so you would assume the Roman Empire never fell in the Alternate Universe.
I can’t See Section 31 go back that far so I would guess it will be in the same era as Strange new worlds will be set.

I nearly put my foot through the telly several times.

Mass murderer decides mass murdering might be a bad thing - gets second chance. The Guardian is now judge jury and executioner?

The Mandalorian uses old stuff in new ways while respecting the previous. Kurtzman and co have only a shallow knowledge of anything they use so blow canon apart every time.

At least that's the last we'll see of panto villian Georgiou.
I thought it was a shite episode. Putting the guardian in there felt forced. The long goodbye for a character nobody is emotionally invested in.. then immediately have another long goodbye straight after! WTF?
The mirror universe is fun*, but feels like kids playing in Disco.
What has overall been a much better season, it was a bit flat this week.

*Enterprise with half naked Hoshi and T'Pol OOOOFF.. suit's me sir!
I would guess it will be in the same era as Strange new worlds will be set.
Big assumption there like unless you have more info?

Last edited:
I thought it was a shite episode. Putting the guardian in there felt forced. The long goodbye for a character nobody is emotionally invested in.. then immediately have another long goodbye straight after! WTF?
The mirror universe is fun*, but feels like kids playing in Disco.
What has overall been a much better season, it was a bit flat this week.

*Enterprise with half naked Hoshi and T'Pol OOOOFF.. suit's me sir!

Big assumption there like unless you have more info?
I’m thinking about the potential for crossover.
I think the canon states Section 31 has been in existence since the beginning of the federation ( something to do with Section 31 of the federation charter?) so it could be set at the end of Enterprise?

Last edited:
Well, surprisingly, I actually enjoyed that. Nice to have an episode without the Mirror Universe or Space Hitler. I felt more like old fashioned Trek.

I thought that episode was a bit meh. The interesting part will be next week to see how they solve the moral dilemma as they now know what caused the burn and how to stop it happening again.
Of course they need to solve the Emerald Chain problem first, I hope it involves Tilly’s heroic death.

Writers - 'what we'll do, right, is troll the haters by putting something in called The Burn. Those haters will assume it's something to do with Burnham, right, but it won't be. In your face, haters!'

Showrunner - 'fantastic - what is it?'

Writers - 'what?'

Writers - 'what we'll do, right, is troll the haters by putting something in called The Burn. Those haters will assume it's something to do with Burnham, right, but it won't be. In your face, haters!'

Showrunner - 'fantastic - what is it?'

Writers - 'what?'

Showrunner: “The cause of the burn, what is it?”

Writer: ::::Quickly gets up mumbles under his/her breath, smiles::: “So that’s it, bye”

Showrunner: “Sorry didn’t what was that?”

Writer: ::::quickly runs to the door and speaks fast:::: “Thecauseofburnwasbecauseateenagerhadatantrum.... glad you like it” ::::Slams door behind him::::

Showrunner:: ::::Confused:::: ”The cause of the burn was caused by.... what!?!?!”

Back