Standard Guitar music going forward.

Discussion in 'SMB' started by OOOSH YEAH, Jun 12, 2019.

1. mysticmackem

mysticmackem Midfield

Drum and Bass is shit, especially when some knacker drives up the street at 2am with it blarting :evil:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Space Hopper likes this.
  2. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

A very wealthy one at that, well done to him, no different to some band going from their garage to a sold out stadium tour.

3. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Central Defender

It’s more like a band completely changing their sound in order to sell out stadiums.

4. JonMc

JonMc Striker

I thoroughly enjoyed The Temperance Movement this year. If they count.

Music like all art reflects its time.

5. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

Many have done it.

6. JonMc

JonMc Striker

Worked for The Cult. ;)
    That may or may not have been correct.

7. mickonline

mickonline Midfield

Kasabian are still doing OK.

8. DocSavage

DocSavage Central Defender

Led Zep?
    What about these?

MickeyV and PinzaC55 like this.
  9. Mickdundee

They broke out around the same time as Arctic Monkeys et al. First album was 2004 or 2005 IIRC (I got the double sided CD/DVD stuck in my car’s stereo, that car was written off in January 2006)

No UK Top 10 albums or singles between them.

10. As good as they were, The Strokes, The Libertines and most of that indie scene were hardly innovative bands.

Things will come around again. And in the meantime no-one can predict what changes in sound there will be.

11. What A Waster

What A Waster Winger

Ha i remember that album. The disc was clearly thicker than intended.

12. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Kids will like what they like, regardless of where the media tries to steer them.

13. Greta Van Fleet UK November tour is all sold out.

14. Everything's cyclical, things will come and go, and guitars will have their day again in some form. I reckon someone was saying exactly the same back in the early 80s when the high tide of punk had receded and synth-pop was all over the place.

fyl2u likes this.
  15. vinegar hill

vinegar hill Striker

I hope not.
    I think it’ll always come back to it.
    Anyway modern music is fuckin shit.
    Sorry to sound like me Fatha,

fyl2u likes this.
  16. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

17. Mickdundee

Yeah, but ask Joe Bloggs in the street and he won’t have a clue who they are. You can’t really call them the next big guitar band when they’ve not had a top 10 album.

I’m assuming it’s not an arena tour either? It’ll be Glasgow Barrowlands and the like? The bands in the OP would be selling out arenas if not stadiums when they burst into the scene.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:15 AM
  18. OOOSH YEAH

OOOSH YEAH Central Defender

It normally does come back around but it hasn’t for about 18 years and that’s the longest length of time yet.

19. ErichZann

ErichZann Striker

Canny them like

PinzaC55 likes this.
  20. Chap78

Chap78 Subs Bench

Goes in cycles, always has. Surprised it hasn’t had a resurgence under the current political landscape, that’s usually the catalyst, but the young uns coming up nowadays ( of typical rock factors) haven’t really had anything as bad as thatcher and whatnot. The only half decent guitar band at the minute is the idles lads, but they are all in their 30’s. IMO like, obviously.

kingmonkey likes this.