Standard Guitar music going forward.

Rock bands are invariably terrible. A lot of them are trying so hard to be heard that they all sound the f***ing same. Why have one guitar track when you can have 8? Drummers need to get their f***ing acts together anarl - cymbals getting lashed all over the place non-stop, and some 'singer' shouting on ower the cacophony. It's awful. Less is more. Neebody seems to find the space on a record any more. As a result, the hooks and the grooves are lost, and it's all just a noisy shambles for the digital age. Minging.
Although hardly original Vintage Trouble were the last good one I've seen

Haven't you heard of Johnny Clegg and Juluka/ Savuka. He/they were making that sound before Paul Simon got there.
Graceland is a brilliant album I've got it on vinyl and cd but Johnny Clegg does it better.
Vampire Weekend are the 2010s version of Johnny but without the Zulu vocals
I haven’t Bonny lad, but then I’m not into the whole African fusion shit. No one done it better than Adam ant anyway, let’s be fair.

Not just guitars, we seem to have reached a point where all new music sounds derivative. Not to say there is no good new music but nothing seems to have that 'punch' now. Kids are a lot less tribal now too and this seems to sometimes translate into a bit of a mush. Of course, I could just be old.

We catch up? They couldn’t even sell out the 02 in Newcastle man. Just an old cliched band riding on the coat tails of loads of old bands. Utter chod and these are the sort of bands that wreck music. They aren’t even playing big venues in America they’re playing places the size of Brixton Academy. They’ll never amount to anything them.

You sound like Cher or something. Sex appeal :lol:

No worries. I thought it was what your thread was about but I won't waste any more time trying to convince you.

Royal Blood
Catfish
Miles Kane
DMAs
The Amazons
Blossoms
The Sherlocks
Gang of Youths
Foals

All have decent tunes kicking about. As for starting a revolution via music- I can't see any of them doing that, don't think any of them are particularly political

No worries. I thought it was what your thread was about but I won't waste any more time trying to convince you.
I had a listen but they’re like a tribute band. The polar opposite of what I was on about. I’m on about something brand new and fresh coming out.

Royal Blood
Catfish
Miles Kane
DMAs
The Amazons
Blossoms
The Sherlocks
Gang of Youths
Foals

All have decent tunes kicking about. As for starting a revolution via music- I can't see any of them doing th, don't think any of them are particularly political
Everyone likes what they like, and fairplay to them, but more or less every band you’ve listed epitomise why guitar based music is in such a state, bunch of pretty boys wearing mince trotters saying absolutely fuck all.

Everyone likes what they like, and fairplay to them, but more or less every band you’ve listed epitomise why guitar based music is in such a state, bunch of pretty boys wearing mince trotters saying absolutely fuck all.
Does guitar music need to make a statement every time? Whatever happened to just hearing a good beat and sound and wanting to move about to it, get pissed around it, have sex to it?

Does guitar music need to make a statement every time? Whatever happened to just hearing a good beat and sound and wanting to move about to it, get pissed around it, have sex to it?
Oh, I agree, but it’s just a bland swamp of shite. Image is everything now, to the point most of these cretins are being moulded by the industry. If you like these sort of bands fairplay to you, but they are just as disposable as the shite that gets on kiss fm. Bands used to matter to people.

He's reet though. GFV are hardly making anything like the kind of impact Nirvana and Oasis did are they. They're just a Zeppalike throwback. Kids might like them fair enough, and their dads (or grandads) may be amused, but if ya wanna listen to Zeppelin, listen to fuckin' Zeppelin.

Because that’s not what we’re on about. We’re talking about huge impact bands that make a lasting impression on people. What you’re saying is a separate issue. Nirvana werent political.

That’s a good point I hadn’t thought about actually.

There’s loads of good bands about like and I’m not slagging off music because there’s enough for me but I just don’t see another traditional 4 piece band emerging that bands like Oasis, Pistols, Zeppelin etc were. Tbh I probably wouldn’t get into it but I’d like it to happen. I think the Arctic Monkeys are class and probably as close as it gets to that.
That's 4 bands in 50 years though so you're right they don't come around every weekend .Muse brought guitar back in a big way ,surprising how many bairns love them

That's 4 bands in 50 years though so you're right they don't come around every weekend .Muse brought guitar back in a big way ,surprising how many bairns love them
Aye but There’s a fair few more than that man. There was always some thing from late sixties till early 2000s. There’s been absolutely fuck all since. Arctic Monkeys have come close like.

The next big thing could be just around the corner, the bands you all have held up as examples of 'huge impact bands that make a lasting impression on people' seem to come along once a generation

The next big thing could be just around the corner, the bands you all have held up as examples of 'huge impact bands that make a lasting impression on people' seem to come along once a generation
Might have already had them, who knows. Sex On Fire and Mr Brightside have legs. They're both about 15 year old now and the popularity hasn't really waned except maybe for overplay. Both bands have a few more crowd pleasers up their sleeves. They're nee cultural phenomenon, but they're big bands in their own right.

Aye but There’s a fair few more than that man. There was always some thing from late sixties till early 2000s. There’s been absolutely fuck all since. Arctic Monkeys have come close like.

Nothing much either from a political perspective in terms of bands in the way they write/perform..........not certain if the industry creates the narrative more these days in terms of what will sell and make ££££ etc

Back