SSN Breaking News .... Mags officially for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat Micky Quinn on Talk Sport this morning:

Great news, IF it's the right person/consortium.

"You do know Newcastle's fan base around the world is enormous"

"Newcastle get 52,000 every week"

Blah blah blah blah.

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

I hope he sells they will be in right bother in 2/3 years time.

Appointed on 23rd December. Still not really comparable is it?

You're not very good at this are you?
So how many games is acceptable? 8 for Benitez isn't but 8 is for Di canio and Advocaat. You aren't very good are?

So how many games is acceptable? 8 for Benitez isn't but 8 is for Di canio and Advocaat. You aren't very good are?

There a load of other factors involved like. For example, Di Canio's target for survival was lower. Advocaat's was impressive mind.

It's been done to death but basically you think having half a season and a transfer window compared to 10 games is a level playing field regardless of any other factor involved.

Weirdly though, you're painting Benitez as a poor manager but at the same time suggesting that Everton and West Ham would be massively interested in him. Complete cognitive dissonance.

And yes, we did fail to beat either Sunderland, Villa or Norwich. Don't think that's been mentioned on here before though.

Pretty sure an acceptable barometer of a manager is where their reign leaves the club after a meaningful period of time. I'm pretty happy with where Benitez has our club after a full season and a half given the resources at his disposal. Whereas all those managers you listed have ultimately played a part in you sitting second bottom of the championship. Good job.

Pretty sure an acceptable barometer of a manager is where their reign leaves the club after a meaningful period of time. I'm pretty happy with where Benitez has our club after a full season and a half given the resources at his disposal. Whereas all those managers you listed have ultimately played a part in you sitting second bottom of the championship. Good job.
3 of those 5 mentioned are currently unemployed as well. Surprising considering how good they are. Those 5 combined have won less trophies than Benitez. But Benitez is the failure.

There a load of other factors involved like. For example, Di Canio's target for survival was lower. Advocaat's was impressive mind.

It's been done to death but basically you think having half a season and a transfer window compared to 10 games is a level playing field regardless of any other factor involved.

Weirdly though, you're painting Benitez as a poor manager but at the same time suggesting that Everton and West Ham would be massively interested in him. Complete cognitive dissonance.

And yes, we did fail to beat either Sunderland, Villa or Norwich. Don't think that's been mentioned on here before though.
I've never said Benitez was a bad manager, he's obviously a good manager but whether you like it or not he was in charge when newcastle were relegated with a game to spare.

Di canio and Advocaat kept us up with a game to spare.

Benitez will leave Newcastle where he found them, the bottom half of the PL, as did Di Canio and Advocaat.

I've never said Benitez was a bad manager, he's obviously a good manager but whether you like it or not he was in charge when newcastle were relegated with a game to spare.

Di canio and Advocaat kept us up with a game to spare.

Benitez will leave Newcastle where he found them, the bottom half of the PL, as did Di Canio and Advocaat.

Do you think Benitez is a better manager than any of your 'survival list'? Odd that you mention us being relegated as no-one has mentioned this before and it's never been discussed before.

On your last sentence, I don't think he will leave us in 19th but you've chosen to be more ambiguous and just suggest 'bottom half' instead. Can't think why that would be...

I eagerly anticpate the usual dullards coming in saying 'mags chomping as usual' when they don't have much to offer to the discussion.

I reckon hes had interest but not the right money so hes came out with this shite in the media to try and bring in another bid for maybe the right money..the blokes not daft where moneys concerned

I reckon hes had interest but not the right money so hes came out with this shite in the media to try and bring in another bid for maybe the right money..the blokes not daft where moneys concerned

Aye pretty much where I’m at. Either he’s trying to smoke out suitors to drive the price up for the parties who’ve signed NDAs, he’s trying to smoke out genuinely interested parties because those who’ve signed the NDAs were tyre kickers, or this is all just groundwork for an excuse to not spend in January.

Do you think Benitez is a better manager than any of your 'survival list'? Odd that you mention us being relegated as no-one has mentioned this before and it's never been discussed before.

On your last sentence, I don't think he will leave us in 19th but you've chosen to be more ambiguous and just suggest 'bottom half' instead. Can't think why that would be...

I eagerly anticpate the usual dullards coming in saying 'mags chomping as usual' when they don't have much to offer to the discussion.
Okay, I don't think Rafa will take you down again so he will leave you in a better posistion.

At their peak I couldn't split Advocaat and Benitez. Advocaat has won more but doesn't have the champions league. Benitez has failed at real and inter with great squads handed to him on a plate. Advocaat picks up pay days around Europe so it's difficult to judge him now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41643718

thought they made more profit than that mind ?
Aye pretty much where I’m at. Either he’s trying to smoke out suitors to drive the price up for the parties who’ve signed NDAs, he’s trying to smoke out genuinely interested parties because those who’ve signed the NDAs were tyre kickers, or this is all just groundwork for an excuse to not spend in January.

Might also be a case of him having a firm bid but wanting to see if there´s someone else interested and at what price.. It´s just like buying a house really.
I sold a house to one of my cousins once, Put it on the market so we could see what the price ought to be in a kind of "mark to market" way.

Okay, I don't think Rafa will take you down again so he will leave you in a better posistion.

At their peak I couldn't split Advocaat and Benitez. Advocaat has won more but doesn't have the champions league. Benitez has failed at real and inter with great squads handed to him on a plate. Advocaat picks up pay days around Europe so it's difficult to judge him now.

While it's true he's won more, I'd cite the countries where Benitez has won trophies as being a higher standard than where Advocaat has won his. Don't get me wrong though Advocaat has had a decent career and is probably the most high-profile experienced managerial appointment you have made.

You could probably find a manager in some of the lesser top flights that has won more trophies than some of the leading managers in the world so that's not neccesarily a barometer of managerial ability.

Last edited:
While it's true he's won more, I'd cite the countries where Benitez has won trophies as being a higher standard than where Advocaat has won his. Don't get me wrong though Advocaat has had a decent career and is probably the most high-profile experienced managerial appointment you have made.

You could probably find a manager in some of the lesser top flights that has won more trophies than some of the leading managers in the world so that's not neccesarily a barometer of managerial ability.

Gordon Strachan has 3 league titles, and 3 cups. Definitely not a better manager than Pochettino though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back