SSN Breaking News .... Mags officially for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
This appearance thing, if we were sat top half of the premier league we wouldnt give one jot about whether he attended or not.

Tbh marra there's more chance of seeing ES at every home game than us sitting top half of the premier league.

Everton are a bad example. Koemans been like a bairn in a sweet shop.
Newcastle spent the best part of £150m to get themselves relegated, promoted and back to square one again. Add ridiculous wages on top of that and it's very costly to even break into the top half never mind the European places.

Mike Ashley quote August 13th 2017:

"I don't think you'll find many people out there who will actually stand up and do it (buy the club). So I think myself and the Newcastle fans are going to be together for a good while longer!"

Hmrc investigations had already started.
The sale to the chinese had been rumoured in May or June.

Imo its always been for sale for the right price. Believe it when it happens because the bloke talks absolute rubbish.

Newcastle spent the best part of £150m to get themselves relegated, promoted and back to square one again. Add ridiculous wages on top of that and it's very costly to even break into the top half never mind the European places.

Around half of that was spent by a previous manager so not really comparable. But you already knew that.

Around half of that was spent by a previous manager so not really comparable. But you already knew that.
It doesn't matter what manager spent it, the club spent it. For what it's worth, McLaren had you out of the relegation places and it was Benitez who took you down with most of the easiest games left to play....but you already knew that.

It doesn't matter what manager spent it, the club spent it. For what it's worth, McLaren had you out of the relegation places and it was Benitez who took you down with most of the easiest games left to play....but you already knew that.

Wrong.

Almost every club is up for sale in England. If you had £3bn you could have Man Utd tomorrow.

Why, apart from at the very top end, any one would bother is baffling to me.

That lot have been ran pretty well for a while. Have traded profitably in the market mostly, but still show £1m profit on a season that got them relegated.

Ashley has bailed them out with loan facilities and a big budget, keeping a good manager a large wage bill and got them up. Bloody well done really. But, where is the financial incentive, to take over even a well run club? You are only one bad season away from losing tens of millions.

We'll see . Maybe there is one more daft sod out there with a half a billion he wants to burn or take a chance on.

Okay my mistake. You were a point from safety. Why can't Newcastle fans admit it was Benitez who took you down? Just like it was Shearer who took you down.
Because of the other myriad factors that contributed to both relegations, factors that have been discussed at length.

Okay my mistake. You were a point from safety. Why can't Newcastle fans admit it was Benitez who took you down? Just like it was Shearer who took you down.

Because it wasn't their squad of players, and they didn't have the team in the position they were in with them completely devoid of confidence and belief to begin with? Not sure how monumentally clueless you have to be about football to be unable to comprehend that like.

Because it wasn't their squad of players, and they didn't have the team in the position they were in with them completely devoid of confidence and belief to begin with? Not sure how monumentally clueless you have to be about football to be unable to comprehend that like.
Di canio, poyet, advocaat and Allardyce managed it. Paul Clement managed it last season. I know Benitez is the new messiah but he'll be off in a heartbeat if West Ham or Everton come calling.

Di canio, poyet, advocaat and Allardyce managed it. Paul Clement managed it last season. I know Benitez is the new messiah but he'll be off in a heartbeat if West Ham or Everton come calling.

:lol:

Allardyce had 30 games, man. Clement was appointed on 3rd January as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back