Springsteen 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't do a Greatest Hits for Bruce I think. He was an album artist and a live artist and not a hit song artist. Each album, maybe with the exception of more recent looser ones, are a package. Taken out of context they don't sit that well. I always go back to the Live 75-85 album. That was terrific.

You can't do a Greatest Hits for Bruce I think. He was an album artist and a live artist and not a hit song artist. Each album, maybe with the exception of more recent looser ones, are a package. Taken out of context they don't sit that well. I always go back to the Live 75-85 album. That was terrific.

Spot on. He's in the same vein as Pearl Jam for me in that respect. Songs just take on another level when done live and away from the confines of an album.

I was a bit bored last week and put together a best of Bruce rock compilation. but no BTR, no BITUSA, no River. And no acoustic tracks. In no time at all I was up to 60 tracks. The monthly archive concert releases are a gold mine for a person like me.

Was really hoping the rumours of doing it in London were going to be true. Sadly looks like its not going to happen.
I think the whole point of em is that he gets out of the house, gets to play live and gets to gan back to his own house every night. Wouldn’t happen in London on anywhere else.

Just extended the Broadway shows to December. Phenomonal

Very sad to read that. The ESB are getting on now and I wanted a new full band album and worldwide tour soon. He will no doubt take a few months off after NYC ends in December (and then it may come to London) so looking at summer 2019 at the earliest.

The backstreets forum reckon there’s an album finished, has been for a while. Hoping for a Xmas release and a 2019 ESB tour

Also heard rumour he’s keeping close to home at present as his mam’s unwell

Last edited:
The backstreets forum reckon there’s an album finished, has been for a while. Hoping for a Xmas release and a 2019 ESB tour

Also heard rumour he’s keeping close to home at present as his mam’s unwell

Yep, his mam's got Alzheimer's so I think thats why he's not going all over the place on tour. Plus he's making a small fortune doing this. I got a code last time and held off as I think the prices are scandalous and I thought he'd come to London. Tempted now though, more because I love NY and a trip in the autumn sounds like a good idea.

Yep, his mam's got Alzheimer's so I think thats why he's not going all over the place on tour. Plus he's making a small fortune doing this. I got a code last time and held off as I think the prices are scandalous and I thought he'd come to London. Tempted now though, more because I love NY and a trip in the autumn sounds like a good idea.

Yeah I got a code also but ticket prices and flights etc were out of my range. I believe the code is still valid so I’m going to price again for October / November time.

Love this video and the part of his career that it stands for. At a time when MTV was taking over, pop videos were the thing, Michael Jackson released Thriller and its classic videos and more than half of the Born in the USA album was recorded and in the bag he released the Nebraska album and although he signed off on the video, wanted no part in the project.

Have no doubt it will be great
Working On A Dream wasn't....

Well you can, but I get what you're saying overall.

His 1994 Greatest Hits is decent enough, though could be better with a bit more focus on his earlier works instead of the then recent additions.

Say a 16 song E Street retrospective...

Born To Run
Thunder Road
Badlands
Promised Land
Darkness On The Edge of Town
The River
Hungry Heart
Atlantic City
Born In The USA
Dancing In The Dark
Glory Days