Springsteen 2016

Remember it like it was yesterday. Some bloke was absolutely mortal and got chucked out by security about one minute into badlands, saw absolutely fuck all of the gig :D
We went down early to get our wristbands for the pit before buggering off back over the town for a few pints - something we fluked with great success the first time we saw him in Cardiff. It pissed down and we got soaked but we had our wristbands so we were happy. Couple of hours later I get a phone call off me sister and it turns out our wristbands are just for the pitch access and she's gotta bloody green one for the friggin' pit. Bastard. :lol:

She's got one of his plectrums somewhere - git massive things they are with a funny grip. She did have his handwritten setlist anarl but her cock of an ex-boyfriend who was part of the stage crew kept it when she binned the gonk.

Plec's like this...

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
We went down early to get our wristbands for the pit before buggering off back over the town for a few pints - something we fluked with great success the first time we saw him in Cardiff. It pissed down and we got soaked but we had our wristbands so we were happy. Couple of hours later I get a phone call off me sister and it turns out our wristbands are just for the pitch access and she's gotta bloody green one for the friggin' pit. Bastard. :lol:

She's got one of his plectrums somewhere - git massive things they are with a funny grip. She did have his handwritten setlist anarl but her cock of an ex-boyfriend who was part of the stage crew kept it when she binned the gonk.

Plec's like this...

Logon or register to see this image
I lived in South Hylton at the time and remember getting back home at daft 'o clock to see a massively pissed and completely lost fat Scotsman in a faded lucky town t-shirt sat alone looking confused as fuck in the metro station asking when the train to Newcastle was due. His face was a picture when I told him it was probably about 6:00am.

First time I saw him and absolutely loved it. Weather was shit I remember during day but dry when he was on.
Remember vividly the excitement at hearing the opening drumroll to badlands.
Ended up going with my Mrs Boss from work who I’d only met a couple of times. Few beers later where arm in arm buzzing our tits off to Thunder Road.

The bootleg that was/is available of Sunderland 2012 was of very moderate quality. I wouldn't have listened to it all the way through if it hadn't been a gig I was at.

If you are a fan, I'd recommend getting the official live recordings. The Leeds 2013 is the best live recording I've heard. Worth getting in CD quality rather than mp3.

First time I saw him and absolutely loved it. Weather was shit I remember during day but dry when he was on.
Remember vividly the excitement at hearing the opening drumroll to badlands.
Ended up going with my Mrs Boss from work who I’d only met a couple of times. Few beers later where arm in arm buzzing our tits off to Thunder Road.

this x 100

What a gig. Wish there was a decent quality bootleg knocking around.

This...there was a poor audio thing at one point but can’t even find that now

The bootleg that was/is available of Sunderland 2012 was of very moderate quality. I wouldn't have listened to it all the way through if it hadn't been a gig I was at.

If you are a fan, I'd recommend getting the official live recordings. The Leeds 2013 is the best live recording I've heard. Worth getting in CD quality rather than mp3.

DVD of Leeds was on YouTube...superb.
Funny when massive Asian family get onstage....Bruce just keeps calling them all onstage

Last edited:
Anybody saw him abroad ? If so where.

Did Sunderland and Wembley in recent years but really fancy a European trip if / when they tour next summer.

Are you sure...I’ve watched it many many times.

Were they ?

Not that it matters mind...still enjoyed it

All these forreners look the same anyway. We were this show but we were up in the gods. Still a decent view though due to the construction of the venue. I got a bluray copy of the show from the guys who filmed it. I'm sure there were four of them. Absolutely top-hole.

All these forreners look the same anyway. We were this show but we were up in the gods. Still a decent view though due to the construction of the venue. I got a bluray copy of the show from the guys who filmed it. I'm sure there were four of them. Absolutely top-hole.

Great show...downs a couple of beers and no doubt not that piss weak Yank ale ;)

Anybody saw him abroad ? If so where.

Did Sunderland and Wembley in recent years but really fancy a European trip if / when they tour next summer.

Saw him in Dublin in 2016, brilliant show. Same night England played at SoL.

Was a class night - Springsteen for three hours and then a night out in Dublin on the Guinness. Great weekend

Even played Jungleland and Bobby Jean, two of my favourites which I'd never seen previously.

Last edited:
Saw him in Dublin in 2016, brilliant show. Same night England played at SoL.

Was a class night - Springsteen for three hours and then a night out in Dublin on the Guinness. Great weekend

Even played Jungleland and Bobby Jean, two of my favourites which I'd never seen previously.

Sounds a great night.

I saw him do Bobby Jean at Wembley in 2013, likewise a personal favourite.

Back