Spain changing their mind on vaccine strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that of course is disgusting. We are all facing the pandemic. Most of us have been touched by that deadly hand. Friends, relatives lost. Careers destroyed, families under pressure, children's development blighted, the frail and the dying isolated without a loving final touch.
I haven't honestly noticed the 3 or 4 posters you refer to. I hope if I had done I would have called them out.
I can understand if that is indeed the case, an OP posting laughing e mojis at the death toll, a push back.
And sometimes there are honestly gleeful, possibly envious attacks from those who are so chauvinistic in their distaste for people like me I feel glad that when retirement came I didn't, as would have been my first choice, move back to a sea view over Roker beach and a season ticket.

He's not talking about you don't worry, you seem alright.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/last-24-hour-eu-behaviour.1540285/page-92 - This is the thread that he's talking about and you'll be able to pick up who the certain posters are pretty much straight away. The one who speaks as if he's part of the UK and quickly changes his tune when he notices people are turning against him and then starts calling us Plague Island I assume is the poster he's referring to in particular though.

From El Pais newspaper.

"Studies indicate that just one dose of the vaccine can provide a high level of protection from Covid-19. This means that every second dose administered could be seen as a jab that didnā€™t go toward protecting another person".

What strategy? There isn't one at all.

The country is so divided that each region is doing their own thing with the doses they are getting in drips and drabs.

On top of that, there's been hell on because mayors,. mayoresses, hospital managers and other senior politicians have secretly been jumping the queue and have been found out.

Madrid and I think Barcelona had to stop vaccinating for a few weeks last month because they ran out of vaccines.

Here in the Basque country they've only started vaccinating elderly people over 100 from today. They've only vaccinated hospital staff, care workers and some police officers as far as I'm aware.

It's a complete clusterfuck.
It looks like they want to go for the 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson rather than wait on 2 doses of the other ones.

What strategy? There isn't one at all.

The country is so divided that each region is doing their own thing with the doses they are getting in drips and drabs.

On top of that, there's been hell on because mayors,. mayoresses, hospital managers and other senior politicians have secretly been jumping the queue and have been found out.

Madrid and I think Barcelona had to stop vaccinating for a few weeks last month because they ran out of vaccines.

Here in the Basque country they've only started vaccinating elderly people over 100 from today. They've only vaccinated hospital staff, care workers and some police officers as far as I'm aware.

It's a complete clusterfuck.
It looks like they want to go for the 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson rather than wait on 2 doses of the other ones.
Sad to hear that. Thanks for posting. However, we have a poster living on the Costs del sol who informs us that Spain is doing brilliantly with the vaccine roll out, and he prefers the Spanish strategy and it's outcome to the UK roll out.
Seems to be a contradiction there.

Sad to hear that. Thanks for posting. However, we have a poster living on the Costs del sol who informs us that Spain is doing brilliantly with the vaccine roll out, and he prefers the Spanish strategy and it's outcome to the UK roll out.
And one in Barcelona saying life is back to normal

Even deceased people are receiving notifications to go and get their vaccine šŸ¤¦

The vaccination plan has been a disaster here.

While Spain has probably handled the pandemic itself better than the UK, the UK has certainly done a better job with the vaccination plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back