Spain changing their mind on vaccine strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tui gave a press release yesterday saying bookings to Greece and Turkey had increased 500% overnight Monday 22/2. No mention of Spain and Spain will be worried about losing customers.

Tui gave a press release yesterday saying bookings to Greece and Turkey had increased 500% overnight Monday 22/2. No mention of Spain and Spain will be worried about losing customers.
People booking flights and holidays fab, thick is a complimtent tobthese idiots

Nothing wrong with booking a holiday at all. If it doesn't go ahead you'll either get a refund or lose money. People can do whatever they please.
Unfortunately they frequently do , without a thought for others . The one good thing that may come about because of all this selfishness is it will strengthen the case for “ vaccine passports “ which can only be a good thing.

Unfortunately they frequently do , without a thought for others . The one good thing that may come about because of all this selfishness is it will strengthen the case for “ vaccine passports “ which can only be a good thing.
In what world is it selfish? If it's not safe to go on holiday they won't be allowed by the government. If it is then they've probably saved a few quid in booking before the rush. No harm done to anyone.

The thing about Spain as opposed to the UK is that in the UK fines are generally proportionate and used as a sanction. In Spain they can be widely disproportionate and seem to be used more as a Government revenue scheme.
Case in point, mate of mine, a local, works as a tree surgeon. Came up from the coast and was pulled over. They found amongst his tools a machete, standard kit for him in his trade. The police reckoned that any tool with a blade or something like a screwdriver should be in a locked box so it cant be pulled on the police if, like him, you get pulled over. Fined 2000 euros and he decided to appeal. The Judge increased the fine to iirc 10,000. Perhaps there is a clue in both our posts why there did appear a greater compliance over quarantine regs and mask wearing.
Sounds a bit corrupt to me...

Its a bit of a gamble the single jab strategy IMO but very hard to know what is best.
Give owa. Right way to go. First dose will keep vast majority out of hospital and serious infection/death. Then the top ups. It's going swimmingly up to now. Well done to all concerned.
Strange, my message stated Spain, Greece and Turkey.

Last edited:
Give owa. Right way to go. First dose will keep vast majority out of hospital and serious infection/death. Then the top ups. It's going swimmingly up to now. Well done to all concerned.

Strange, my message stated Spain, Greece and Turkey.
I must apologize. Having just checked it, it does include Spain. I’m getting my wires crossed as I read somewhere that bookings for Turkey and in particular Dalaman were through the roof as were bookings for Crete.
The point still stands though. If people think they will not be allowed to travel to Spain they will look elsewhere. Greece and Cyprus have already made positive noises about allowing tourists back.

Bit early for pats on the back given the conflicting reports coming out.

My point is it was a gamble, if it works fair play.

Bitter ex pats? Please stick your head up your arse even further. Why do you have to take relish in different countries and very different cultures having different responses? We, that is all of us, are facing a pandemic. Some have done better with vaccine roll-outs, some don't have the death toll other countries have. It's not an invitation to flag wave. But as always you can't resist. Sad.
Tbf thr bloke who hes on about doesnt have a good word to say about the UK

Tbf thr bloke who hes on about doesnt have a good word to say about the UK

I'm not sure who that other bloke is tbh yet there is a tendency on all social media to put all those with divergent views into a one size fits all box.
I don't feel, as I've been described as a bitter-ish, ex pat, remainer. An ex pat but the truth is I am so grateful to the UK. And I'm too old to feel bitter. That is such a corrosive place to be. Been there done that. Years ago.

The UK gave me the chance to go to Uni at 30, after spectacularly sabotaging myself in an earlier phase of my life.
A fresh start. I made the best of it if I am honest.
Later on operations for 4 different cancers, two of them initially diagnosed as terminal.
The care I received and the skill of one particular surgeon, a female called Khan, got me through that.

And I genuinely voted remain because I thought it not in the best interests of ordinary people, like myself when I was younger and not so insulated by being a pensioner, who has ended up 'comfortable.'
The drumbeat of division on this board, the sneering and the myopia is in none of our interests. Cheap petty points scored, a predictable barrage of likes by those on one side and when an opposing view is espoused a barrage of likes by the other, leaves me none the wiser in forming, revising a view.
Thank you for replying. It has given me pause for thought. You go well.

I'm not sure who that other bloke is tbh yet there is a tendency on all social media to put all those with divergent views into a one size fits all box.
I don't feel, as I've been described as a bitter-ish, ex pat, remainer. An ex pat but the truth is I am so grateful to the UK. And I'm too old to feel bitter. That is such a corrosive place to be. Been there done that. Years ago.

The UK gave me the chance to go to Uni at 30, after spectacularly sabotaging myself in an earlier phase of my life.
A fresh start. I made the best of it if I am honest.
Later on operations for 4 different cancers, two of them initially diagnosed as terminal.
The care I received and the skill of one particular surgeon, a female called Khan, got me through that.

And I genuinely voted remain because I thought it not in the best interests of ordinary people, like myself when I was younger and not so insulated by being a pensioner, who has ended up 'comfortable.'
The drumbeat of division on this board, the sneering and the myopia is in none of our interests. Cheap petty points scored, a predictable barrage of likes by those on one side and when an opposing view is espoused a barrage of likes by the other, leaves me none the wiser in forming, revising a view.
Thank you for replying. It has given me pause for thought. You go well.

I dont know who was being referred to, but there are 3 or 4 ex pats who seem to take a swipe at the UK at every possible chance. One even went as far as mocking those who died by posting laughing emojis when highlighting how many had died in the uk.

I dont know who was being referred to, but there are 3 or 4 ex pats who seem to take a swipe at the UK at every possible chance. One even went as far as mocking those who died by posting laughing emojis when highlighting how many had died in the uk.
Well that of course is disgusting. We are all facing the pandemic. Most of us have been touched by that deadly hand. Friends, relatives lost. Careers destroyed, families under pressure, children's development blighted, the frail and the dying isolated without a loving final touch.
I haven't honestly noticed the 3 or 4 posters you refer to. I hope if I had done I would have called them out.
I can understand if that is indeed the case, an OP posting laughing e mojis at the death toll, a push back.
And sometimes there are honestly gleeful, possibly envious attacks from those who are so chauvinistic in their distaste for people like me I feel glad that when retirement came I didn't, as would have been my first choice, move back to a sea view over Roker beach and a season ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back