Spain changing their mind on vaccine strategy?

From El Pais newspaper.

"Studies indicate that just one dose of the vaccine can provide a high level of protection from Covid-19. This means that every second dose administered could be seen as a jab that didn’t go toward protecting another person".

Its a bit of a gamble the single jab strategy IMO but very hard to know what is best.
Have you seen the latest findings? Vaccines save lives. The more you give the more you save.
Should post that into politics forum where they are hailing Spain as doing better than us on vaccinations as they have administered more 2nd doses than us
That's one of the bitter ex pats. The last thing he would do is give the UK any credit.

Last edited:
Presumably Spain may need to make a call about letting tourists in with two jabs or one jab, in addition to the testing which will probably underpin the whole thing.

My you’ve changed your opinion some what

Has he? He's constantly whinge about the 12 week gap, and looks like he still is having a swipe at it, despite it now looking like our science based 'gamble' looking like the correct decision

Has he? He's constantly whinge about the 12 week gap, and looks like he still is having a swipe at it, despite it now looking like our science based 'gamble' looking like the correct decision

I'm not sure how you can be so sure it is the "correct decision". My point is it is a risk, but given the massive death rate that was occurring in the UK perhaps it was justified in that sense, but my previous point was always that it wasnt going to fill vaccine doubters with much confidence.

Back